Chapter 20: Close Call

Ryan- "Wait, correct me if I heard wrong. You want me to help you steal a kid's bike?"
Phil - "Yeah, you know it's all about teaching Luke a lesson."
Ryan - "I get the lesson, but how do you know it's Luke's bike?"
"What if it's some random kid's bike? Then we would be committing an actual crime."
Phil - "What? He is right there, don't you see him."
Ryan then looked in the direction Phil pointed to find Luke playing with some other kids without his bike.
This situation made Ryan frown as, from what he remembered originally, Phil just assumed that the unlocked cycle was Luke's bike.
This new development did make sense to Ryan as Phil isn't dumb enough to assume a random bike that looks the same as Luke's bike without reason.
So probably, there have been some changes in the original plot due to his interference.
Ryan, in his mind, - "Come to think of it in the original, Phil doesn't have a car as he just rides the bike home, so even that has changed."
"So, will we encounter Desiree or not?"
Phil waved his hand in front of Ryan's face calling out, "Hello Ryan, Hello."
Ryan - "Ah, sorry was lost thinking if this is morally correct."
Phil - "Look, if you want in, then you can. If you are out, say so; I can do this alone. I was just giving you a chance."
Ryan - "No no I am in."
Phil - "Alright, let's do this."
Ryan and Phil then sneak out of the car and quickly grab the bicycle on the street.
After loading the trunk, Phil hastily drives away from the crime scene.
Phil - "Give me a high five."
Ryan - "Yeah."
Phil and Ryan were savoring the sweet juice of victory when they happened to pass Desiree, who acted like a damsel in distress.
Desiree - "Please stop. I need some help."
Phil quickly halted the car and asked, "Yes, what can I do for you?"
Desiree - "Oh, it's Phil."
Phil - "Hi Desiree, right?"
Desiree - "Yes."
Phil - "So, what do you need help with?"
Desiree - "Hi, uh, this is really embarrassing, but I locked myself out of my house."
Phil - "pssh, don't be embarrassed I do that all the time."
Desiree - " So there's a window open, but I can't reach it. Would you mind?"
Phil - "No problem."
Ryan - "Alright, let's get started."
Desiree - "Oh, so you are going to help as well?"
Ryan - "Yeah, the more, the merrier, right?"
Desiree - "Hmm."
Desiree looked Ryan up and down and replied, "Yes, I don't mind your help either."
The way Desiree said it sent goosebumps down Ryan's spine as Phil might be clueless, but Ryan knew precisely what Desiree meant.
Phil - "Alright, let's start."
Ryan gulped before whispering to Phil, "This seems like some sort of a setup."
Commentary -
Phil - "Was Ryan right?"
"The one thing I learned from is that Ryan's gut is always right."
"Going in, my thought was, what if it's a setup? I mean, I might find her attractive, but it's not like I would act on it."
"But oh boy, was I wrong. Things then went terribly terribly wrong."
Commentary ends
Ryan and Phil entered the house directly through the bedroom window.
To find there were scented candles everywhere. There was the sweet smell of lotions and oil throughout the room.
After Desiree entered the room, her following words shocked Phil.
Desiree started to unbutton her shirt and said, "Alright, now, which of you two would like to go first."
Phil - "What."
Ryan - "I think there's been some sort of a misunderstanding."
Desiree - "Got it, so it's you."
Desiree first pointed at Ryan before pushing him down on the bed. Seeing this scene, Phil made a relatively quick exit.
Ryan - "Phil, where are you going. Help me."
Desiree started approaching the bed while having completely removed her shirt (in her bra) - "Oh, it's fine. Maybe he doesn't like watching, so he left to wait in the next room."
Ryan tried to get up but was again pushed down by Desiree in only her undergarments.
Desiree sat on Ryan's legs and said, "Don't worry, I will remove your pants myself."
As Ryan's pant was pulled off, he cried out for help, "Phil, Phil, please come back."
Desiree - "You sure are selling this."
At this moment, Ryan only thought was, "Is this really how I end up losing my virginity."
As the inevitable moment approached, Ryan could only think of surprising Alex and how she would react to this news.
Desiree - "Alright, let's see what you packing."
At that terrifying moment, an angel of light appeared and saved Ryan.
It was Phil who appeared with a baseball bat and knocked out Desiree cold.
Phil - "Get dressed. We are going back home."
Ryan then quickly got dressed, and they both got back into their car."
There was a big awkward silence in the car. Phil finally broke it.
Phil - " I hope you are not horribly traumatized."
Ryan - " I am fine."
Phil - "Just so you know, it isn't normally like that."
Ryan - "Drive Phil Drive."
Phil - "Both parties are normally in on it, and it's fun."
Ryan shouted out, "I said, Drive Phil."
Phil - "You know, I am just saying I want grandkids. You get me."
Ryan - "Will you please just drive your God damn car."
Phil - "fine, fine, we are going."
The entire car ride back home was as quiet as a scene from A quiet place.
Ryan really didn't know how to feel about this whole situation.
If this had happened on a TV show, maybe he would have found it funny but being there in person was a bit scary.
As Ryan was reflecting on his action of changing the plot, he recalled that Desiree had asked Phil if he would like a drink in the original.
So her plan was probably to mix something in Phil's drink at that time.
If he had grasped this important info earlier, maybe he wouldn't have gotten involved in the scene.
This lesson for Luke had instead become a lesson for Ryan.
He learned that he needed to be more careful when changing the plot.
As everyone involved is a fundamental human, their reactions can also negatively affect his life.
Phil and Ryan soon arrived home.
Phil - "Before you go, can we please keep this between us? Please, I beg you, don't tell Claire anything, or she will kill me."
Ryan - "Fine."
Phil - "I knew you wouldn't betray my trust."