〔 二十八 〕 untethering leaves

ungainly requite of discourse

"But sooner enough, it will be."

It didn't came out a threat, but as a warning.

"Yamato!" Kakashi cued.

On it.

Instead of voicing it out, Yamato did hand seals.

Akane only watched the wood fastly crawling towards her from the ground, unfazed. Soon, the wood took hold of her. Still expressionless, unmoving, and unimpressed—even if how the sturdy wood held her in captivity. All of her limbs were securely bound, especially her hands and wrists to prevent her from weaving seals.

Her visitors watched her gravely, appearing so pensive, and seemed flustered as well. All of them, though, shared a look of distress.

The whole team remained vigilant expecting any resistance soon. And at the back of their minds, they were tempted to let their guards down; she had an extremely disinterest to what was happening.

"Mmhm," the scarlet-headed only crooned nonchalantly, "so you're the wood guy they've been talking about?"

"Nice to meet you, then? It's nice to know that someone has been talking about me," Yamato spoke with a sarcasm on his tone, "even though we didn't meet at that night of your rampage."

Akane scoffed, "If we met back then, you won't be here by now." He was pertaining to the massacre in the ANBU Headquarters. "And perhaps, you might as well wish if we didn't meet today."

Yamato took it quite personally when he saw how she grinned tauntingly, underestimating him.

"Aren't you pretty arrogant? It's not a good trait, y'know?" he said with a grit to his voice and then he clasped his hands tighter to strengthen his jutsu.

The wood around Akane tensed, squeezing her flesh so hard that she heard some of her bones cracked.

"Aw." It was the first time she expressed something, but still, she was seen to be indifferent.

Is she always that catatonic?

Why is she making any effort to escape?

If it's a Kage Bunshin, it would have already puffed right now.

What's the deal with this woman?

All of them were confused by the oddity of that female Akatsuki . . . She wasn't as hostile and psychotic as the other members.