〔 十五 〕 serenades of the wonders

At the same pace as usual

At the same pace as usual . . .

Akane didn't let Kakashi finished his statement, thus she sprinted at the highest speed she had. She was also thankful for Shisui's endurance training that she wasn't feeling the fatigue on her body, but only on her mental fortitude.

Never mind the people, nor how the tiles of each establishment's roof got broken with the strong impact of her footstep.

She was feeling as if she was drowning in the space where her senses couldn't perceive Itachi.

Deadset focus. No matter how many kilometers it took to reach the Uchiha village, her full intention was to reach it. She wasn't even sure if Itachi was in his home. But it was a worth to look for him there.

The young girl gave a huge inhale and dragged herself to Itachi's home. The Konoha evening breeze was sharp enough to amplify more of her anxiety. Akane converted all of those uncertainties into hundreds of meters of running, prepared to give it all. Her thoughts had scattered while she was on her path, only finding herself arriving to her destination.

Akane was breathing heavily as she stood at the apex of a neighbor's roof, surveying the house of the Uchiha leaders.

The house was timbered with oak, and the night gave a darker aspect to its grey and gloomy front. She averted her eyes to the where Itachi was supposed to be. The way her eyes moved, it was accompanied by a melancholic gust of the wind, and then a silken sad, uncertain rustling of the purple curtain.

Her heart started to melt upon seeing the young Uchiha covered by the comfort of his blanket, but it was easy to discern the subtle body movements of his anger . . . Or maybe a sense of helplessness, or defeat. Perhaps an embodiment of emptiness, or disappointment.

Tears had pricked her eyes as she easily read those overwhelming emotions. With immediate response, her longing to join his presence had overcome the consequences of breaking the established civil rules.

Akane pulled out a kunai, beginning to aim at the small opening of Itachi's windows.

Be it so. Akane's willpower made it possible for her.

Itachi heard that certain thunk sounds of a sharp metal hitting the wood-planked floor. And before he could gaze where the sound came from, in just one blink of the time, she appeared right before him.

"What . . ?" Itachi only muttered with pained voice.

The trespasser, Akane, at the stillness, she broke a reply so aptly, "Itachi," said she with a controlled expression.

In Itachi's point-of-view, everything was rendered in red and living objects were appearing in a form of flames, yet he knew her voice was.

He pushed the blankets off and sat up in his futon, only to find out that it wasn't a hallucinatory image.