〔 二十一 〕 the early light awaits

His life is like a clockwork

A new morning, report for duty, dismiss.

Yet today, he was given a special day off.

He, Kakashi Hatake.

And as a report from the weather: there was a thunderstorm earlier, now left with glorious granite-grey rolled on the sky like a mighty army. It was haunting for a mere moment while the petrichor lingered within, then soon, there came the birds soaring high towards the sky and the civilians setting up their stores. The light had slowly cleaved through the clouds, then scattered on their own pace, and the sky had eventually cleared up.

Hm, it's a sign, he internally said, that brat might have cried again . . .

He sighed deeply.

Akane was going to leave—that answered the thunderstorm. Well, no one could tell if it was an autumnal rain or it was her doing, thus, he was going there to check it out.

Taking a little while of walking, he finally reached her apartment. He heard that she was renting it—not relying to someone's help, but on her own. Kakashi couldn't actually count how much did he commended her, though he kind of reminded her to himself: both orphans with an early age and got ordered to keep themselves alive, alone.

Now standing in front of the main door, he knocked three times.

"Pardon the intrusion," he said but no one answered.

Reaching for the door knob, he found it unlocked. He slightly frowned, worried. It was irresponsible of her to leave her door unlocked.

"Akane?" he called as he opened the door, head peering out through the doorway with his droopy, deadfish eyes. "I mean, ehem, Kyo?"

He started to think that no one was here, not until he heard an answer.

"Kakashi-san!" Akane responded out loud. "I'm here! Help me!"

Kakashi remained calm, because there was no urgency to her voice.

From Kakashi's stand point, her shout wasn't relatively loud—she was must be in a quite distance. And the way he called her wasn't loud either, so how come she heard him?

It was as if a lightbulb tingled above his head.

Right, she's a sensor-type.

"Okay then," he replied, "I'm going in."

He enhanced his senses to track where the girl was, and hence, he found her in the courtyard.

Upon Akane felt his presence, he turned around with a pleading look. "Kakashi-san . . . hALP!"

The silver head narrowed his eyes. She was wearing a hairdressing gown, her right hand was holding a pair of scissors, while a comb on the other hand, and a mirror behind her. By the looks of it, she was cutting her hair.