Chapter 6: The Hunt for Children

——————————🧹——————————

Winnie, Mary and Sarah landed outside the gate of the cemetery and gripped the bars, looking in.

"They're here. I know they're here, but where are they?" Winnie rambled. "Sniff them out Mary.

"They're, they're...oh, I can't. They've gone too far. I've lost them." Mary reported.

Winnie grabbed her ear. "I'll have your guts for garters girl! Confound you!"

He released Mary, and out his finger to his chin in thought. "Very well. We must outwit them. When Billy the Butcher gets here with my book, and (Y/n) we shall be ready for them."

The three began to walk down the street to continue their task.

"Let us start collecting children."

"Why?" Mary asked.

Winnie stopped walking and rolled his eyes. "Because, you great buffoon, we want to live forever, not just until tomorrow. The more children's lives we snatch, the longer we shall live!"

"Right." Sarah agreed. "Let us fly!"

"Fly!"

"Wait!" Mary exclaimed. "I have an idea. Since this promised to be a most dire and stressful evening, I suggest we form a calming circle." She took their brooms and leaned them against the wall.

"I am calm!" Winnie bellowed.

"Oh, brother, thou art not being honest with thyself are we? Huh? Huh? Come on. Give me a smile." Mary encouraged.

Winnie smiled sheepishly, and nodded his head in agreement, and the three siblings stood in a circle.

They linked arms, closed their eyes, and spun around, looking to the sky with their eyes closed.

"Think soothing thoughts. Rabid bats, Black Death. Mummy's scorpion pie." Mary listed.

The three stepped out of the calming circle. "Mother." They sighed, and looked down at the ground.

Suddenly, someone honked a horn and the three siblings screamed and stepped back as a bus pulled up next to them.

The doors to the bus opened, and the bus driver looked Mary and Sarah up and down.

"Bubble, bubble. I'm in trouble." He flirted.

"Tell me friend, what is this contraption." Winnie asked.

"I call it a bus." He answered.

"A bus."

"A bus?"

"And it's purpose?" Sarah asked.

"To convey gorgeous creatures such as yourselves to your most forbidden desires." The bus driver whispered.

"Oh, we desire children!" Mary told him.

The driver chuckled. "Well that may take me a few tries, but I don't think there'll be a problem. Hop on up."