Chapter 11: Final Battle

——————————🧹——————————

"Step on it, Max!" Dani yelled as they sped down the road.

"Are they following us?" Max asked.

Allison turned to look behind them and didn't see anything. "No."

"Good." Max smiled.

Not even two seconds later, Winnie flew up beside Max and glared at him. "Pull over! Let me see your driver's permit." He laughed.

Max didn't move, and kept driving, which made Winnie stretch his hand out and grabbed his shirt.

Dani, Allison and (Y/n) grabbed onto Max and pulled him back and managed to get Winnie to release him for a moment, but he served back over to them.

"Ah, resisting arrest? Stealing my girlfriend? You're in a heap of trouble now, buddy!" Winnie grabbed his arm again, but Max elbowed him off, sending him flying back into the bushes.

...

Max screeched to a stop in front of the cemetery and they all piled out and entered through the gate.

Allison, Dani, Binx, and (Y/n) ran ahead and Max turned to follow them, but ran straight into the chest of Billy Butcherson making him fall back. Max quickly recovered and pulled out a small pocket knife, pointing it at him.

"Run, Dani, run!" Max yelled.

Allison and (Y/n) each grabbed Dani's hand and pulled her away to safety.

"Billy!" A voice called.

Max turned to see Winnie flying outside the gate. While he was distracted, Billy grabbed Max's arm, and pulled him back, so Max's back was to Billy's chest.

"Billy, listen to me! Kill him if you must. Just bring me that child, that Dani! And my (Y/n). And don't even think about trying to make a move on her again! She's mine!" Winnie threatened.

Billy wasn't listening. He just managed to wrestle the knife out of Max's hand.

"And put some wiggle in it, you putrid, festering sore! Don't dawdle, come along now."

Billy used the knife to cut the stitches on his lips. He opened his mouth and coughed out a bunch of dust and moths. He gasped for air, and looked up and Winnie with hatred in his eyes.

"Wench!" He rasped. "Monster! You fanged, mop riding, firefly from hell!" He shrieked.

Winnie growled in frustration.

"I've waited centuries to say that." Billy whispered to Max.

"Ugh, say what you want. Just don't breathe on me." Max cringed.

"Billy! I killed you once, and I shall kill you again, you maggoty malfeasance."

Billy just waved him off, and relax Max, leading him into the cemetery.

...

Billy and Max walked further in and caught up with Dani, (Y/n), Binx and Allison. When the four saw them approaching, Dani, Allison, and (Y/n) raised up the giant sticks they were holding.