~3~

"You two fools, don't you know how to keep your squeaky yelling to yourself?! Why do you behave like kindergarten kids in the middle of the night?" The same neighbor of whom I am scared of their wrath yelled and I tightened my eyes and pursed my lips together.
Janet winced as she moved inside. I glared at her and entered the apartment.
'Why will you do that?'
I signed to her and she snorted.
"I came back late last night and I did not know that you were going come back this early." She said with a shrug and locked the door.
I rolled my eyes and dumped my bag on the only one couch we have before moving to the kitchen to deal with things there.
Janet always asked what my obsession was with the kitchen hygiene and I told her that it was just the way I was brought up. I could not tell her about living in a pack because she was human and I knew she would not be able to understand what it meant so I let her off the hook but sometimes I always feel like she knew what I was or maybe I was the one hallucinating it.
"Now that you are home, you should get on. At least you are not going to work until night, right?" She asked, approaching me. I turned to her and nodded my head.
Then, I picked my notepad and wrote. "How did it go with your boss?"
She read it and a hiss ripped through her plump lips. "He was quite shocked that I would tender the resignation letter after I had just received my pay, he wanted to call the security on me but I threatened him." She replied.
She threatened him? That sound more like her. She was never going to beg for anything.
And that reminds me. "I will be going with Luckson on a catering deal he managed to get."
"When?" She asked me, picking an apple.
I shrugged. "Don't know yet."
She let out a sigh. "Get on with whatever you are doing. And before you cook, please freshen up."
I glared at her.
Do I smell?
Janet surprisingly has a deep sense of smells. The only ones I know have that kind of smell instincts are Lycans, Vampires at the scent of blood, wolves which are normally gifted and ... the witches of BeckHall. The special witches who once visited our pack and almost turned everyone into witches. It was a scary and funny incident, I tell you.
• • •
After I was done with bathing and changing my dress, I had prepared the soup which Jane won't stop gushing to. But it made feel proud that at least I could cook something to humans' taste and it has been surprising how I was able to blend into the human world. I think after I am done working with Luckson, I should apply for a cook position in a restaurant and maybe I can eventually own my own specialized restaurant. That is such a big dream.
Jane's presence made me turn my head to the side. She was staring at me with her arms akimbo. That was how she does it every time, stare at me like it is nothing then laugh afterward.
"You know I have always wondered what your voice is like." She said, picking a seat and slumping down on it. I picked my notepad and wrote. "You want to hear me speak?"
She chuckled with a nod. I shook my head at her.
Can I speak?
Would I speak even if I had a voice?"
My not speaking has saved me from different things like being able to live here and evading unnecessary questions.
"What if you can speak?" She asked, her question catching me off guard. My throat bobbed in the action.
Why was she suddenly asking me these questions?
I turned to her. 'Can you make me speak?' I wrote.
"What if I can?" She mused, leaning closer on the desk and I shook my head. She was playing around again. I gave her an incredulous look.
"You don't believe me?" She asked and I shook my head negatively.
Is she some kind of God that make me speak?
She uttered a scoff and sat back. "Little faith."
I shook my head and went back to what I was doing.
"You know what? Let us go out." She said, rising to her feet. I closed my eyes.
I knew it was not going to take time for her to suggest that. She just doesn't stay at home without going out.
I rose to my feet and changed my dress. I picked my notepad and wrote. "All bills on you."
She read it and rolled her eyes. "Sure."
Good.
We proceeded out of the house and made it to the car park where we took a cab. Soon, we reached the shopping mall and began the journey.
• * • * • * •
Gosh, my legs hurt like crazy. Jane kept dragging and dragging me as we went from section to section. Shaking my head, I slumped on the bed. It was in the evening already and I would be going to work by 8 PM. I can't work with the sleepy eyes. Jane told me she wanted to meet with some of her co-workers so I was the only one left at home.
After taking a few hours rest, I scrambled up from the bed and made my way to bathroom which from the window I saw the reflection of the moon.
Fuck! It was a full moon. Tonight is the night of the Mate Moon.
Gosh!
Things are going to get freaky at the wolf packs. I remember how we the younger omegas always overhear the moaning of some other mated males. It was always a sight to behold. Everyone would be able to shift into their wolves and mate with their other halves. And for me, I don't think the Mate Moon was for me as I don't know if I had a wolf or if she was as dumb like me. Besides, I have never shifted. That was the only proof I needed that I was wolfless.
I was finally done with dressing and Jane was yet to be back. What was holding her up?
Shaking my head, I exited the apartment and left the key at our usual spot. Glancing around, I noticed no cabs coming. I guess walking will do the deal then. I began to walk down the street, my phone beeped and I started scrolling through it.
I should have looked forward and stopped. And that was how everything started for me.
~^~^~^~
It was so dangerous to walk at this time of the night especially when it was the Mate Moon. He knew he had made a mistake by trying to put up with the meeting today. His teeth gnashed and his gums itched.
What was happening? He has never felt like this, not even under the last blood moon.
His fingers which had turned into claws scraped the bark of the tree and his ears tickled with discerning sounds.
He tried to open his eyes but he could not. The pain was so unbearable for him. So immense that his wolf was clawing at him to let him out. He could not, at least not in the open like this.
Then he forced his eyes open. With a blurry vision, he saw a young lady walking by. Pushing against the tree, he headed towards her with staggering motion.
She looked up to the approaching figure and a gasp erupted from her lips.
Then suddenly, his eyes brightened and he gripped her my the neck then sank his fangs into her neck.
Raven stood, pain with pleasure mixing in her veins and her eyes brightened. She looked him in the eyes, their wolves recognizing each other. He pulled away from her like a force had dragged him before running away. There, she stood with blood trickling down her neck and a mark firmly stained, her scent changed and she knew that she has been marked but not mated. But by who?