Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Dimitri's Kitchen---------------->)

            Turning on the lights as he walked into the kitchen, Gustav came to an immediate stop when he saw Dimitri bent at the waist digging in the refrigerator. “May help you locate something?” He asked as he stepped up beside him and tried to look into the appliance to see what captured Dimtri’s attention. Dimitri was wearing only a pair of shorts and he was almost half way inside of the fridge.

            Dimitri backed up with a bowl of chicken leftover from dinner the night before, he had hoped at least it was the night before, but he was ravenous so it would have to do. He was eating the chicken right from the bowl, cold. He had to chew and swallow before he could answer Gustav’s question.

            Gustav tried to hide his amusement by rigidly controlling his facial features. He tried to muster up some pity for his friend and what he was going through. He knew the energy and toll it took on the Vampire body to claim a mate. You are almost insatiable at that point in this point of the relationship for blood, and when you deny one's hunger the other manifests itself tenfold. But, even in knowing what was happening he still found it comical to find cool and controlled Dimitri standing in the kitchen with a face full of cold poultry, chewing as fast as his jaws could manage. Waiting until his mouth was free, Gustav watched as he just shoved in another piece of chicken. He shook his head and took Dimitri's arm and led him to one of the bar stools and shoved him into it. He wasn’t even going to try to wrestle with him over the bowl to at least warm up the chicken. He liked his arms too much for that.

            Dimitri shrugged and just continued to eat. He would have much preferred to be in the warm bed cuddled nest to Caleb’s sexy body, but the need to taste him again was too great for him to passively lie there, then after an hour or so his stomach was more than making itself known, so here he was at this ungodly time of the morning eating whatever he caught hold of first. All the while he was satisfying one hunger, he hoped Caleb wouldn’t wake up and miss him. He scanned his thoughts, of which he was now able to do after taking first blood and he relieved that they were still nonsensical so he continued to gorge himself.

Stavos then strode into the kitchen, immaculate in a dark gray suit and Italian shoes barely making a sound on the tile. He came to an abrupt halt as he took in the picture of Dimitri naked save for a pair of boxers looking like Henry the Eighth taking a bite from a drumstick on one hand and a bowl in the other. He opened his mouth to guffaw when Gustav abruptly stepped in his foot and he felt a toe break. “Ow!” he bellowed instead. He caught Gustav eyes and managed to convey the message of retaliation as he felt the bone in his foot already knitting back together. He gingerly made his way to the counter and poured himself a cup of coffee. 

            Dimitri finally felt like the hole in his stomach was no longer reaching into his spine, and tired of being the morning show he plopped the bowl of chicken on the counter and wiped his mouth on the napkin that materialized under his nose by Gustav and walked out of the kitchen with as much dignity as he could muster. He was sure Stavos got at least a year’s worth of teasing out of this one but he didn’t care he was headed back to Caleb and that made him almost flash there. He stopped himself though, he was storing his energy.

            In the kitchen Irina walked in to find the two men laughing to the point of hysteria. “It is too early in the morning for this. What are you two Hyenas laughing at?”  She asked as she grabbed her own mug of coffee and adding crème and sugar. They tried to tell her something but wound up chortling all over again. She just shook her head and wondered over to the fridge to take out the bacon and eggs for breakfast.