TJTBP - Chapter 4.

I'm feeling generous today.

You get another chapter.

Yaaay.

______

Chapter 4.

"You really shouldn't be doing that. You start chemo today."

"Shut up, Mikey."

 I paced around the front of the hospital, dressed in black pajama pants and an Iron Maiden t-shirt. I shuffled around in my black slippers and took some drags. "The doctors said I needed some air before going bald again."

"Doesn't mean you have to smoke," Mikey mumbled. He hated my bad habits.

I took a drag and walked around. "Look, Mikes, I don't want to live. I want to die. Did you not see Lilly run out of my room calling me a physcopath? She's gonna turn me into the police!"

"So dying is better than explaining to the police it was your job so they could get your old boss and take away your gun?" Mikey suggested.

My cigarette slipped from my frozen fingers. "Mikey, you're a genius."

"I am?"

"Yes." I looked down. "Aw, shit! That was my last cigarette!"

Mikey groaned. I stepped on it and we walked inside the hospital. I slipped into bed and the nurse hooked up my IV in silence. "This is where the chemo is coming from," she explained, though we really didn't care. "Don't touch the IV, Mr. Way," she growled before walking out.

I grinned.

The nurses hated me already.

"Okay, so here's the plan, if she even called the police. They're gonna come in, they're gonna explain what Lilly said, and then we either agree with it if it's true or deny it if it's false. pretty simple. But then you bring in that it was my job, Mikey, and tell them Mr. Chi's name and all that, and our flat so they can make sure we're not lying. Because we're not. Got all that, Mikes?"

"Pretty sure," he said, leaning back in his chair and crossing his leg over his lap.

We sat in silence. I pulled out my sketchbook and saw my notes from yesterday. I read them over and crossed out number 4. I could care less about Lilly.

I looked over number 1 and crossed it out as well. Right beside it, I simply wrote:

 He finally told me.

Mikey was working on getting his grip, and I was in for it on the needles part, so I left those. Just then two cops came in.

Huh. Lilly must've been a tattle-tale in kindergarten.

"We'd like to speak to Gerard Way, please," the chubbier one with the mustache asked. Very stereotypical cops. I raised my hand slightly. "That's me."

Their glances flitted to Mikey. "We're going to have to make you leave the room, please."

Mikey gave me a worried glance, but I nodded. He stood up and walked out of the room. Once the door was shut, the officers turned to me. "May I help you?" I asked.

"We have a report that you have murdered 14 people?" the taller one asked. I just nodded, not really remembering what I told Mikey. I was too shocked. Could you get arrested if you were sick?

"That's the crime of a serial killer. And once you get out of the hospital you will be arrested."

My stomach dropped.

"But, what if I was required to do it for my job?" I asked. They raised their eyebrows.

"What kind of job are we discussing here, Mr. Way?" Tall asked.

"I don't know. I was walking down the street one night and he just grabs me and asks me to kill somebody for 100,000 bucks. So I did it, --I mean, who would pass up a hundred thousand bucks?-- and then he just kept telling me to do it, until the profits got small enough to where I was mostly doing it for fun."

"Uh huh. Suuure," Chubby drawled.

"Believe me, I'm not lying! My "boss'" name is Jackson Chi. Over there on Elm street," I insctructed. "That rusty building at the cul-de-sac."

"We've been there. Remember that, Hunter? We found all those guns.." Tall trailed off.

Hunter nodded. "I remember that. Worst place in the world."

I nodded as well. "Believe me now?"

They turned to me. "No. We have to scope out your house, and a lot more to ensure you're not saying a lie. I mean, the woman who made the report looked extremely terrified."

"Was my girlfriend," I said bitterly.

"We'll go to your house and look for anything suspicious." They walked out and Mikey walked in. "How'd it go?" he asked.

"I'll be arrested if I'm not careful," I muttered mostly to myself. 

 "You're gonna WHAT?!" Mikey yelled way too loud. I pushed him down in the chair, covering his mouth.

"Shut up, man."

"You're getting arrested?!"

"Maybe. But don't freak out. I promise everything will be okay," I promised. Most likely they wouldn't, but it helped.

~*~

Chemo made you tired. I woke up in the morning to the sun's rays. I blinked them out of my eyes and rolled over, only to be met with Frank's face inches from mine.

"Gah!" I shouted, shooting up in the bed and almost pulling my IV out. I pushed it back in and Frank smirked. "Good morning, sunshine."

I looked around. "Where's Mikey and all them?" I groaned sleepily.

"They went for breakfast. I decided to stay and watch The Patient."

"I really hate you," I growled.

"Oh, I know. Considering I'm younger and more pretty," he said like a sassy teenage girl. I laughed and punched him in the arm. "We both know that's not true, Frank."

"You wish it wasn't true, Whitehead," he laughed. I really wanted to get up and hurt him, but this stupid IV draining me was stopping me.

He put a hand over mine. "Frank, what are you doing...?"

He shrugged, before leaning in slowly and pressing his lips to mine. I didn't pull back; I didn't want to pull back, for an odd reason.

It felt good to kiss him. We'd done this on stage before, but for it to come back felt amazing.

Even though I wasn't gay.

I liked Frank.

Maybe a little too much.

He grabbed the back of my head, and I rested my hand on his shoulder.

Neither of us pulled away.

I heard the door open. "OH MY GOD!" Mikey yelled. I pulled back quickly and we both stared at Mikey in shock, who had a coffee in his hand.

Mikey's lips formed a smirk. "Ladies and gentlemen, Frerard is back in the building."

I shot him a glare, but Frank laughed before winking at me and leaving with Mikey. I pulled out my sketchbook.

Dear Mom,

You fled the country after my Friday night incident. Why? Who knows. And if this letter gets to you, I'll be pleased. Because I have something to tell you before I die.

Mama, we all go to hell.

With love, The Patient.

______

A/N: I'm deciding which chapter to have Mr. Way's life end. I still have more songs to go over, so expect it in 6-7-8, around that area.

But,  please vomment and tell me what you think!

With love,

Society Strike of Zone 4.