TJTBP - Chapter 6.

Sorry about last chapter.

I'm gonna make you mad with this one... :3

Somethin's gonna come up.

Or maybe someone.

Who knows? :3

_______

Chapter 6

I readjusted the grey beanie on my head. I decided to shave my hair off; it was better than shedding it off piece by piece. I zipped up my AC/DC hoodie, pulled on some blood red pajama pants with the Misfits logo sewed in them, and slipped on my black slippers. I finally got freedom from my hospital room.

I looked up at the IV keeping me from passing out and I sighed. I would have to get used to rolling that around with me everywhere I go.

Mikey walked in. "Ready?" he asked, smiling.

I nodded and we walked out of the room. It wasn't much better, considering we were still in the hospital, but it was better than staring at the wall.

"What did Frank do last night after he left my room?" I asked.

Mikey looked troubled. "Well, he took off. Me and Toro followed him in the Blazer. He went home and slammed the door in our face when we tried to talk to him, so we watched from the window. He did three whole vodkas and a whole bunch of beer. Then he..collapsed. He drank himself to death, Gerard. I wasn't taking you on a walk. I was taking you to his room."

I stopped. I froze every muscle in my body. He drank himself to death. No.

He couldn't have done that.

Maybe this chemo was getting to my head.

Or maybe every word of that was true.

"Where's his room?" I asked, frantic. Mikey looked taken aback.

"315, but..Gerard!" he yelled, for I had sprinted down the hall.

312, 211, DAMMIT! WRONG WAY! I finally got to 315 and busted down the door. It was dimly lit, for it was about 9. Frank, looking deathly pale and so much unlike himself it scared me, lay unconcious in the bed. I stared at him. The monitor was wobbling. A lot. "Frank," I whispered.

Mikey caught up to me and panted, "Gerard. It's nothing. The doctors said he'd be fi--" His eyes caught sight of the monitor, wobbling with hysteria. I saw the threat of tears in his eyes, even though mine was already coming. He hugged me from behind and I put my hands over his, tears spilling over.

Frank.

Frank Iero.

Dying.

My Chem was gone for sure. First the frontman gets cancer, then the ball of energy drinks himself to death simply because the frontman said he didn't want to kiss him.

Wow.

My life is fucked up.

I walked up to him, Mikey staying put. "I love you," I whispered, kissing the top of his head and walking out.

My life was going downhill every minute of my life.

"Mikey, shut the door," I said in the calmest voice I could muster, which was shaky.

"What, wh--"

"JUST SHUT THE DAMN DOOR!" I shouted. He obeyed and seconds after I fell to the ground crying. I couldn't stop myself. Not when my life was slipping from my grip.