Chapter 5 (Precious Possession)

P R E C I O U S
P O S S E S S I O N

Whispers erupted in the whole classroom as the principal Jordan stepped inside along with a young girl.

"This face surely looks familiar." A murmur erupted from the back of the class.

Principal Jordan took it upon himself introducing Leila Lambordi to the class. The name enough was to make many gasp in shock and bewilderment.

"She's her."

"I can't believe that she's really here again."

"So the big coward is back hmm."

Leila winced inwardly but kept on her emotionless face.

"I wonder what the Kings will say on this."

Leila tried hard to tune these whispers out. Just two years more. She would never have to face any one of them again anymore.

She took the front empty seat and tried to tune out the conversations going on around her. She ignored the stares that bored in the back of her skull.

Three hours went by and Leila was continuously directed from one room to another. She had settled down on her chair as her next class resumed, the door was kicked open.

The chain of reaction chorused from the students. Some letting out panicked gasp and few screams were heard.

Leila slowly looked up.

Her eyes were greeted by a pair of bloodshot onyx eyes.

She took a moment to held eye-contact and then looked down at the table in front of her.

"Mr.King. Such a rare sight that you decided to join us today. Please take a seat." Their teacher Mr. Rob Johnstone, a short, scrawny looking man, spoke with a hint of unusual less-enthusiasm.

Rob had been teaching in this school from past 20 years atleast. He knows greatly what goes in and out of these school walls. Rivalry and power flows evenly in and out here.

Standing at the door was the youngest heir of 'King' family. The only rival of Lambordi family. Even though 'King's' family is not really at the par of Lambordi family but King's still are considered as remarkable powerful enough to be call them equal rivals at some point.

The youngest heir of the King family, 16 years old, Alexander King. He hated Lambordi's just like his whole family, with a deep burning passion. He couldn't do much but he sure had instilled fear in Leila's heart.

Leila knew this too.

That day, he had equal hand in committing that sin just because he wanted to see her falling apart. Leila shut her eyes as memories ran across her head, tears edged in immediately.

Sighing softly, she straightened up and opened her eyes, looking ahead at the white board in front of her as Alexander silently took a step inside.

Everyone but Leila and Rob waited with bated breaths, sitting at the edges of their chairs waiting for the perfect moment as Alexander will burst.

Leila's breathing deepened slightly as he sat on the chair beside her. She could almost hear few disapproving sighs from the back.

Without the care of world and Rob who was glaring intensely at Alexander, he put his feet on top of the table and relaxed back.

"This is gold, you know. Imagine my surprise when I got to know from someone else that my 'favorite' person is finally back. I was out of town and drove 3 hours straight crazily to come here, especially to meet you---" He leaned closer, his breath fanning across her face.

---but look at you. You are giving me such cold, dull treatment."

Leila abruptly stood up.

"Mr. Johnstone! I would like to head out now." Rob was little surprised at Leila's words. She sounded so different form the last time. Apparently life teaches many things. Time changes many things.

He nodded, letting her pass. Alexander watched her walking out of the door. He stood up, ready to follow her but Rob was in front of him, blocking his way.

"I would like to inform you that the whole surveillance program of the school building is monitored by Lambordi family personally. They would hate the repeat of past incidents no doubt. If you want your body's parts attached to yourself, I suggest that you lay low and leave her alone." Rob tended to whisper in Alexander's ear.

But judging by the look of anger on Alexander's face, every student somewhat had idea of what Rob must have said.

Leila Lambordi might be a weak, little, broken soul but she was considered a precious possession.

Hope you guys like this chapter. ..do share your thoughts regarding this book and please make sure to check out my other books if you are interested...

Get early access up to 21 chapters on patreon. Link's in my profile...!