3.5

Elodie Carter wishes teammate Max Verstappen a very sweet birthday message in what fans think is another hint at a relationship
Elodie's post of Max and the vague caption 'The Lion' might not seem like an overly affectionate birthday message but works as a nice show of solidarity between the pair that typically do not wish each other happy birthday online in the five years they have known each other.

Christian Horner confirms he expects that Elodie Carter will re-sign for Red Bull racing despite drawn-out contract negotiations
The Red Bull team principal said when asked: "I see no reason why she wouldn't sign with us. Has she had a couple of tough years, yes. But we believe in her talent and we know she's the right person to partner Max in the team, they're a fantastic pairing and yes. I see nowhere else she would go, nor any reason that she would look elsewhere."
The driver is currently 4th in the Championship behind teammate Max Verstappen, however, it should be noted that Elodie has been consistently behind in being given upgrades and left in what many have categorised as an uncompetitive car. Horner's deliberate referencing to her worse-off performance than Max and the lack of open seats has angered fans of the team and driver, saying that the disrespect is unbelievable given what Elodie accomplished for the team and the sport.

Reports of a loud argument between a driver and team principal in the paddock after qualifying
Several reports are swirling that Elodie Carter got in a heated argument behind closed doors with team principal Christian Horner after qualifying on Saturday at the second last race of the year. This follows reports from Christian Horner saying he expects Elodie will re-sign with the team any day now and that they're just caught on small technicalities despite the rumours that they are stuck on three major points and that the team is hoping the lack of available seats at other competitive teams will keep her with them for the foreseeable future.
It would be strange to see a double world champion of Elodie's status lose her seat with the team over small disputes but there has been a trend of the team favouring her partner Max Verstappen and that could be a good reason that she is looking for extra protection in the contract extension discussions.

Another great result for the snubbed Red Bull Driver
Elodie Carter looked to be on the verge of tears as she left Brazil at the end of the race weekend, but not tears of happiness despite the great result. There are rumours that there has been a severe breakdown between herself and the top levels of the team after contract negotiations for her renewal dragging on longer than anyone expected, with many team members and engineers feeling annoyed on her behalf and frustrated that her future with the team is still yet to be confirmed.
Rumours are that Elodie is asking for equality of opportunity between herself and teammate Max Verstappen, who she was seen leaving the track with, as well as more money than her counterpart due to the significant amount of money her sponsors bring in, currently estimated to account for a tenth of the team budget per year. There are also murmurings that the team won't renew her contract for more than another two years, refusing to extend it past the point that Max's is currently set to stand for. All of this is leaving fans concerned about the fact that Elodie is not confirmed for a seat next season which seems insane to many, due to her stature and ability as a double world champion and the only female driver in the top level of the sport still.