Chapter Thirty: For Real.

Chapter thirty.

This had to be the most embarrassing situation ever.

Blair's life was flashing before her eyes and she wondered had any of it been worse than this. She was fairly certain right now took the cake.

She had to awkwardly explain to her mother, whom she hadn't seen in months, what Hailey had been talking about. She didn't go into detail or anything but the words 'Cade' and 'sex' were thrown in and she was positive it couldn't get much worse than this.

After a brief lecture from her mother in which Cade and Hailey both endured, Delilah decided she's speak with James later and asked that Blair not embarrass her again in front of Jane.

That was that.

Blair's shoulders sagged in relief that embarrassment was the only thing her mother was worried about.

Hailey's eyes widened as Blair turned to her annoyed, 'I'm sorry!' She squeaked out before disappearing into the kitchen without a backward glance.

Cade caught her eye looking slightly amused at the situation and turned to follow Hailey out when Blair marched over to him grabbing his arm and pulling him into the broom cupboard closing the door firmly behind her. She frowned at him and felt her fists ball up in frustration, 'Can't you do anything right?'

Now Cade was openly grinning at her, 'You cant seriously be trying to blame me for this are you? I wasn't the one who blabbed about the sex thing in front of your mum!'

Blair's look turned to an icy glare, 'Why did you have to sneak up on us while we were talking? Just sneaking around with my mother in tow? How smart is that Cade?'

He laughed loudly and Blair quickly threw her hand over his mouth in annoyance. 'Shh!'

'Why did you pull me in here anyway?' He asked pulling her hand off his mouth and bringing it down to her side easily.

'So they wouldn't see us fighting, we're meant to be in love remember?' She rolled her eyes and listened at the door for anyone.

Cade smirked at her, 'In love? I remember agreeing to tell them we were dating, not in love. Trying to tell me something sweetheart?'

Blair felt her face heat up and was glad of the semi darkness so he couldn't see her blush. 'Oh shut up I...'

Suddenly he placed his hand over her mouth firmly, 'I can hear someone outside. We better get out of here without anyone seeing us or it'll be more explaining to do. Soon we wont be allowed in cupboards together without people thinking we're doing it.'

She rolled her eyes and listened too. He lowered his hand, gently skimming down the length of her arm and Blair was suddenly aware of how close they were standing. She shivered visibly and felt a change in the air, it was hot and he was staring at her mouth.

'Blair?' Hailey called loudly from the living room sounding confused.

Blair jumped at the sound of her name falling backwards against the wall knocking over the ironing table stand behind her. She swore loudly as Cade chuckled and helped her up opening the door so she could leave the small closet. Hailey only rolled her eyes at them as they came out of the cupboard, Blair a little sheepish and Cade looking pleased with himself.

'You guys are disgusting,' she rolled her eyes at them. 'We're having dinner now, you better pull yourselves together and stop acting like you were just ravishing each other in the closet because your mother will so not like that.'

'We were doing nothing of the sort,' Blair retorted slightly astounded at Hailey's observation.

Blair fixed herself up, calming down before she entered the living room to join the adults. Just before she opened the door she stopped suddenly feeling Cade crash into her back heavily.