Chapter ten

Nic's pov......

From my penthouse to Queens is almost a two hours drive.... but why does it feel like I've been on the road for twenty four hours!?
' Are you sure it's not been more than two hours now?!'
' Oh...no Sir, looking at the GPS.....we are almost there '
He answered chuckling.....

I just crossed my arm looking out the window.....
I've  never been out to this places since my parents death. My mom mad sure I knew where she grew up and her past life ....at least I was happy....
My aunt used to lock me up inside those walls she calls a house, sometimes I get beaten up for things her kids rather did....
Those fuckers....living off my parents wealth.

Am just so impressed I escaped that he'll, am sure right now they keep looking behind their back ......who wouldn't after the gift I sent them
Recalling all this , reminds me of how unfairly life could be but hey......looking on the bright side , am my own boss now with the biggest company and I don't need peoples help or pity, cause those things piss me off!

I felt a nudge on my shoulder pulling me out of my trance
' Sir....I've been calling you for sometime now..'
I just buried my head in my palm for a while
' are you alright ...Sir..?'
' Am good....let's go...'
' But Sir...we are already here...'
I looked around and realized we surely were there...who wouldn't know it when they get to Queens?
' Do you have the address?'
' Yes Sir...it's the house just over there '
He pointed to one of the houses, which to me looks almost the same as the rest .... I have him a blank stare ....

' How can that be the house when they all look the same?'
He gave me a small laugh shaking his head
' Sir...just like penthouses...,these houses here also have numbers....all we need is to find number twelve and there it is.....'
He pointed to the same house again but this time I saw the number
' How do you know so much about this place?'
He gave me an awkward smile
' My family and I used to live here in Queens before you employed me and we moved to the residence'
' Oh...'
That was all I said as we made our way to the house....

' Oh..Sir... the flowers..'
I did a double look, frowning my face....
' Why the fuck do I need flowers for?'
' It's for first time impressions...'
I looked away, scratching my neck nervously.....
' Who am I trying to impress? Am here for my damages money!'
' You sure ...Sir?..'
He gave me a teasing smile....
' Will you ring the bell or you have a last word before your death?'
He quickly press the bell and suddenly a boy in his teens open the door narrowing his eyes at me whiles I glare back at him....
' What may I help you with Mister?'
He asked...
If it wasn't for those green eyes , I would have thought we came to the wrong place....the only difference is the hair....his are dark curls not a brunette.....

I smirked at him....
' Where is your sister?'
He looks back at me with a questioning gaze....
' Are you......'
His eyes opens wide as if he just remembered something ....he quickly shakes my hand taking me by surprise....
' Please do come in .. brother- in law '
I instantly froze in my pace ....what the fuck did he just call me?
I looked back at my driver mouthing him a ' he just called me his brother- in law ' but that old man just shrugged
' My sister is inside , come on in....'
He drags me inside...
' Who is at the door Adrian!'
I heard a man's voice...
' Dad! Come out now! ... Cat's boyfriend.....i mean your ' Son- in law ' is here!'
' WHAT!?'
Don't question me but I almost trembled in my seat....for all I know, girls father's are the worst when it comes to this....not to mention the situation this boy just placed me in....

From the corner of my eyes ...I saw an elderly man coming out holding what am sure is a knife!
Believe me I paled in that seat, I can swear that I was sweating ....this man here looked scary.
Am a business man , a CEO for crying out loud!.... I've had deals with people scarier than him but ....this old man surpass them.
I looked back at my driver only to see him looking elsewhere.....Ha! a companion indeed!....
' WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE!'
Just there ....the nervousness I've been feeling vanished into thin air....
The voice I've been dying to hear for the past three days vibrated through out the whole house.....
I turned and met her green captivating eyes.... I gave her a devilish smirk while she was scowling so hard at me .......

So my dear people what do you think of today's chapter?
Let me know!!!!!! Chaooo