9

Zara.

Jace had come to release me from the basement and I was beyond pissed.
He took me to my room and I didn't leave till the next day.

Apparently, Adrian's sister will be coming today.

"I swear to God I will smack the fuck out of you when I see you." I snapped and Min rolled her eyes. James was in the frame behind her working on something meaning she was at his level floor. Everytime.

"When are you gonna tell James you're in love with him?" I asked not caring if he would hear. She gasped and flipped me off.

"Shut up bitch. I'll do it when I'm ready. I have some info though." She explained walking away from James and probably towards her level floor.

"What's that?" I asked as I glanced at myself in the mirror. I was about to leave my room.

"Well, Adrian had someone run a background check on you. Theo sorted it out and gave him false information. You're 17 now by the way." She said and I blinked.

Shit.

"Anything else?"

"Hacking into their system is so tough. I'm almost done. I'll be sending the code probably by tonight or tomorrow." She explained. I nod and sighed.

"I've gotta go. Boss had better top my pay check because doing this is so hard." I grumbled and ended the FaceTime.

"Doing what?" I turned to my doorway to see a random girl.
"Who are you?" I asked. She raised an eyebrow and walked further into my room.

She was dressed in heeled boots and a blue dress with her hair in a ponytail.

"You don't know me? My brother owns this mafia. Who are you and why are you even here and in this room?" She asked and I smirked.

Jenna Romano and her obsession with this room. Got it.

"Oh. I'm no one. Just a friend of Jace. He's giving me a place to stay for the time being." I explained standing to shake her outstretched hand.

"Really? Weird. You look absolutely gorgeous. I love your hair." She complimented and I fake a smile.

"Thank you. I love your shoes." I said. She nods with a smile.
"I was just on my way out. Wanna come along?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. Where are you heading to?" She asked as I led her out of the room.

"To meet Jace and just annoy him in general." I shrugged as she snickered.

"One of my favorite thing to do."She mused. I nod absentmindedly.
"So...What's it like having a mafia family?" I asked and she groaned.

"It's a lot. I have like a million body guards everywhere. They are always watching me. Adrian makes it a top thing that I'm to be protected. Same goes with my mother. Jace said we could be used against them." She explained.

"Like bait? What is this fishing?" I teased and she laughed. "Tell me more about yourself." She said and I shrugged.

"I'm literally the most boring person ever. I'm 17 and I work as a Spokesperson in America. I wanted to come to Italy for Vacation and I ran into Jace on the plane." I said. I made sure to use the info Adrian had gotten.

Little Miss Romano wasn't lying when she said she's been watched. Right now I could see someone lurking quietly watching her and also me.

I wasn't a threat. Yet.

I led her towards the living area where Jace was in some deep conversation with someone.

"Jenna! I see you've met Zara." He mused as she gave him a tight smile. I just watched with a plain expression.

"Yeah. She's your friend? I thought you didn't have one loner." She mocked and he rolled his eyes ignoring her.

I turned my attention to the man Jace was speaking with and nearly gasped in shock.

What was Hades doing here?! I thought he's off the grid. Hades smirked and winked and I gave him a dry look.

"Alright man. I gotta go. Lola will be waiting." He said standing to shake Jace's hand.

Who the fuck is Lola?

Believe it or not, I used to have a massive crush on Hades. He was drop dead gorgeous with captivating blue eyes and golden blonde hair. Not to mention his looks and Skills as well.

Almost every girl had a crush on him. He was crush worthy like Min would say.

At a point 15 year old me confessed how I felt and we dated for like a year or two before he got shipped to Spain for intensive training and I to Russia. It was heartbreaking really but we both moved on.

Now, He's a friend and a brother to me.

"It was nice meeting you Miss." The mocking in his tone was clear for me to hear while Jenna and Jace didn't.

I rolled my eyes and he left.

"Do you have a problem with being Nice Z?" I glared at Jace for calling me Z. Not everyone could call me that.

"Yes." I answered blankly.

He rolled his eyes and took my hand. I glanced down at our joined hands and snatched my hand away.

"Don't touch me." I seethed. He blinked confused and I walked out. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Adrian watching from the Kitchen.

I ignore him and walked out the back door into the backyard pool and garden.

"Hey! Zara! What's wrong?" Jenna asked running after me. "Nothing. Why did you come out here?" I asked. She frowned sadly.

"I just wanted to check on you. You seem really disturbed. I was just trying to help." She explained and I scoffed.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING HELP! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed. She stepped back in shock and I grabbed my hair fustrated.

Killer.

Murderer.

Your fault.

You deserve to feel pain.

"ZARA! OH MY GOD! ADRIAN! JACE! HELP! SOMETHING'S HAPPENING TO ZARA!" I barely registered Jenna screaming for Help and a few men running out to my aid.

Jace picked me up and I realized I had even fallen to the ground. "Keep your eyes open fiore. Everything will be fine." He assured softly and I drew in a sharp breath before passing out.

I hoped so.

A/N

Thoughts? Our Girl had a mental breakdown. This will happen often incase it'll be triggers I could put up warnings.

Please Vote, Comment and Share. They are greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Love you all.
Sophie❤️