18

Zara.

Confusing enough, I hadn't seen Adrian today and it made me suspect something was off. I left my room and headed down the stairs. The people I passed gave me curious looks. I noticed majority were new faces.

I looked down at myself to see if I wore something wrong. I hissed in my mind. Wasn't this Adrian's Hoodie? It literally had his last name on it. Jenna lent it to me one night we went swimming so I wouldn't get cold. I had totally forgotten to return it. I sighed irritated and continued walking.

I stopped at the Kitchen. He wasn't here. "Hi Maria! Have you seen Adrian?" I asked going closer to her. She smiled warmly at me.

"No darling. He hasn't come home since yesterday. Is anything the problem?" She asked and I shook my head with an assuring smile.

"What about Jace? Where is he?" I asked again.

"He left few minutes ago to pick up the groceries I ordered with Jenna."

I nodded and headed back to my room and dialled Adrian's number. It rang but he didn't pick.

Four times in a row.

I opened my laptop and pulled up his GPS tracker. I was surprised to see no signal.

Did he just want to disappear?

Something was definitely wrong. I called Min.

"Hello. Level 2 desk."

"Min. It's me. I need you to find Adrian's location. Right now." I ordered.

"On it. Everything okay?"

"I'm not so sure. He hasn't been home since the past night so I think he's either missing or taken." I explained.

"Found him. He's at a warehouse east of where you are. I'll text you the address."

"Thanks. Just Incase, stay on standby." I said.

"Are you seriously going alone? It's 10pm Z. You should go with someone."

"Jace isn't here and I haven't made any other friends aside from Jenna and she's technically a Princess that needs protection. I can't save two people right now." I said as I grabbed my gun and a hair tie.

"Good luck." The line went dead.

I resolved to not changing because it's a waste of time. I wore black shorts and a white top underneath the Hoodie. I changed my shoes though into black combat boots.

I ran down the stairs and headed out towards the garage. A guard spotted me and stopped me.

"Where are you going miss?"

"I'm going out to meet someone. Any problem?" I asked in a fake sweet voice. He shook his head and stepped out of the way. I grabbed a random key and pressed the button. I smirked as the lights of a motorbike blinked back at me. I am so owning this later.

I climbed on and started the engine and revved off.

It took me 35 minutes exact to get to the address Min sent me. I parked at a safe spot and continued on foot. I got to the warehouse and scouted the area. From my current view I could see four men guarding the front door. I casually walked up to them. Swift and fast. I easily knocked them out and got into the warehouse.

"You think you can kill me?" I heard Adrian's voice. Then a laugh from someone else.

"Of course I do. You're alone and there's definitely no one coming to save you." The person responded smugly. I scoffed in my mind and stayed in the shadows. I had to be careful about my moves. I don't want Adrian figuring out I'm a spy agent.

I quietly choked the guy against the wall and shuffled him aside on the ground. Two men left.

"You should probably do a goodbye video you asshole. You're going to die here tonight." The person mocked.

"And what if I said he doesn't?" I asked stepping out of the shadows. Adrian and the man who I recognize as Dario stared at me in shock.

Did this Italian gangster think he can kill Adrian??

"Who the fuck are you?" Dario snapped and aimed his gun at me. I raised both hands in surrender.

"Woah. Put the guns down. Now." I commanded and he laughed like I was crazy. I sighed knowing I was probably going to regret it.

I walked forward.

"Don't come closer!! I'll shoot you!" He yelled.

"Angel!! What the fuck are you doing?!" Adrian snapped.

Dario pulled the trigger and I winced as the bullet pierced my shoulder.
I glanced at it then at him.

"Now you've really fucked up." I hissed in rage and punched him fiercely. He yelled out in pain and I pulled out my gun and aimed it at his head.

"Shoot me and he shoots him." He said.

I didn't turn to look. I carelessly lifted my arm and pulled the trigger. I heard a grunt and a thud. The hand with the gun returned back to it's position and Dario's head.

The doors were pushed open and men poured in. I cursed and rushed to untie Adrian. It was two against a lot.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He hissed at me grabbing my shoulders. I winced and pushed him away. "I took a bullet for you dumbass." I snapped back.

"You're outnumbered now. It's sad. The Don and his Donna. Dying together." Dario mused as he went to stand behind his men who all had their guns aimed at us.

Adrian made to stand in front of me but I grabbed his hand causing him to look at me. "Together." I whispered.

He nodded.

"You're all just a bunch of pussies led by a pussy." I said and Dario glared at me.

"Kill them!!" He yelled and bullets fired. Adrian immediately covered me with his body and I gasped as bullets hit him.

Dario yelled at his men to stop.

Adrian grunted and looked at me. "I'll definitely see the Devil at this rate." He mumbled and I smiled softly. "I know. Hang on though. I planned on us seeing him together." I said as I helped him up. A bullet had hit his stomach and chest while I suffered from a shoulder gun wound and a graze in my side.

I pressed the button behind my ear.
"Min? Reinforcement needed." I said quickly. Adrian barely heard me as he fell to his knees. He was bleeding out fast.

The sound of approaching cars made Dario and his men to run out and leave Adrian and I in the warehouse.

"Adrian? Keep your eyes open idiot!" I hissed as I held onto his hand. "They are. Stupid!" He shot back.
I laid beside him trying to catch my breath when Jace and the Italian men rushed in.

"What the fuck happened here?!" He yelled as he rushed to us. I opened my mouth to speak but poured up blood instead.

Adrian was already at my side and he picked me up. "You--should-d not be c-carryingg me." I tried to say.

"Shut up Angel. Jace help me out here." He said and placed me In Jace's arms before almost falling. His men helped him out as well and I blacked out.

A/N

What an eventful chapter. Who thinks Adrian knows the truth now?

Please Comment, Share and Vote. It means a lot.

Love y'all.
Sophie ❤️