Late Night Text

I get a text from her. It's 2:00 AM. I was sleeping. My body automatically wakes up to her text tone thank god. I roll over to see what she said hoping nothing bad happened. When your suicidal lives alone and you get a text from her at 2:00 in the morning normally it raises red flags. The text doesn't say much all it says is "i need you come here.'' I'm immediately worried. My family should be sleeping so I quietly walk down the stairs. I leave a note just in case and walk out the door. I grab my bike and start riding to her house. Normally it takes me about 10 minutes but today I have motivation to go faster. Plus no ones in my way. I got to her house five minutes later and let myself in. there's no point knocking if she's passed out from blood loss. I grabbed my first aid kit before I left. It's specifically designed for when this happens. I walk into the house and look around. She isn't in the living room. Not a great sign. If she was just sitting on the couch watching TV with something over her cuts i would have been relieved. But if it was that simple she wouldn't have texted. I know that. I've known her long enough now to know that she won't text unless it was really bad. I walk into the bathroom first just to make sure she didn't try to OD with her meds. She isn't in there thank god but my nerves don't go away. I walk into her room which is the only other place she could be. As soon as I walk in I see her sitting on the floor. I see a little puddle of blood around her. She's just laying there crying letting herself bleed. Her phone is next to her. I immediately start taking the gauze out of my first aid kit. I'll worry about cleaning her later, for now I just need to stop the bleeding. I take off my pants that way i don't get blood on them and sit down next to her. She notices I'm there almost instantly, meaning her senses are heightened.

Something scared her. She was sent into panic mode. What the hell happened here?

She doesn't immediately leap into my arms like she normally would, and she's still sobbing uncontrollably which normally stops when she notices I'm there. Now I really have no idea what possibly could have happened. Did she see something? Did someone hurt her? At this point I'm so confused but I know I can't worry about any of that right now.

I gently put my hand on her back. She flinches.

Okay what the fuck? This has never happened before. Someone fucking hurt her. At this point I'm sure someone hurt her, or that something sent her into absolute panic.

"El, is it okay if I move you?" I ask her gently. I don't want to scare her,or send her into more of a panic.

I see her very slightly nod her head yes. I roll her over onto her back. I quickly scan her body to see where she's bleeding from. I see it's mostly her neck and stomach.

Well son of a fucking bitch. What the hell? Why didn't she text me? What happened?

I grab my gauze and hope to a forgiving god I have enough to cover the cuts. Obviously, I wrap it around her neck first. It's bleeding the most and it's the most lethal. I make sure it's tight but not so tight that she can't bleed. The cuts on her stomach aren't as deep as the ones on her neck, thank god.

The cuts on her neck were so deep I almost called 911. I decided I could handle it myself instead. Plus I didn't want to make her talk to a bunch of authorities about it.

As soon as I'm done wrapping her neck I realize I have enough to warp the deeper cuts on her stomach. As soon as I'm done fixing her up I pull her into a hug.

It took me about 7 minutes to wrap her cuts and she's still sobbing just as hard. I hug her tight with her head buried in my chest and her arms wrapped tight around me.

I just held her there. I decided not to let her go until she pulls away.

After about an hour the crying completely stops and she pulls away.

"I'm sorry." she says, still sniffling.

"Why are you sorry?"

" 'Cause I texted you at 2 in the morning just because something happened and then you had to get here all by yourself at night you could've been hurt or..." she trails off.

"Hey no, don't be sorry I got here just fine. If i didn't want to come here at 2 in the morning if you needed me my phone would have been on silent. I'm glad you texted me, I would never want to leave you lying on the floor in your own blood."

Instead of responding she just puts her head on my shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." I try to smile at her to make her feel better, but I can tell it doesn't work.

"I saw him outside. He was looking at me through the window. As soon as he realized I saw him he left. It scared me all the memories came back and I just wanted them to stop so I..." I can tell she's gonna start crying again so I hold her tighter.