The Boats

(POV:Reader)

-"We've wasted all this time on what he wants, the boat will arrive any day now!"

-"Now ask him straight out!" Clayton demanded, and as much as I didn't want to, I had to, it's what we came here to do, study the gorillas.

-"Tarzan" he turned his attention from the solar system model we had towards me.

-"Will you take us to see the gorillas?"

-"Do you understand?" I asked.

-"...I understand" he replied, with much hesitance.

-"Good work, Y/n!" father complemented.

-"Well?" Clayton waited for further action.

-"I can't"

-"WHAT!" Clayton was ready to rant but I patted his shoulder to calm down.

-"Why not, Tarzan?" I asked, being gentle so he'd know I wasn't mad like Clayton.

-"Kerchak" with that said he walked away. He usually did after lessons so I wasn't too worried about him not coming back.

-"What do we do now?!" Clayton ripped the sketch of a gorilla he was holding to shreds.

-"I-I don't know,"

-"Kerchak's probably the leader, he might need permission from him to let us see the others" father explained and I understood but Clayton not so much, he gave an angry huff and left for his tent.

-"I'm gonna go finish up a report, don't stay out too late, the sun will be setting soon" father patted my shoulder and left for his tent.

-"I guess I'll go draw something" I mumbled and walked over to the end where we had the projector and stuff.

-The Next Morning-

-"Y/n!"

-"Hun! Wake up!" I rubbed the sleep away from my eyes, looking at my father confused.

-"W-What? What's going on?" I asked.

-"We're leaving hun, the boats are here" I stood up from the sofa chair I had fallen asleep on quickly.

-"What?!"

-"Aye! Cut her loose!" I heard someone yell and father dragged me from the sofa chair to the outside.

-"Come on, we have to get on now, they're just taking the last of the stuff before we leave"

-"Wait! But I..."

-"You what?"

-"I..." I turned to face the forest, a bit of an empty feeling settling in my stomach.

-"Nothing, nevermind" I took my shoes off the ground and put them on, taking one last look at the forest before walking over to take my stuff away.

-"Just give us two more days!" Clayton was arguing with the captain of the ship.

-"Please give us one more day at least, or we would have come for nothing" I told the captain.

-"I apologize Miss Porter, but we gave you the dates, we leave today" with that said he marched away, shouting orders to other crew members.

-"This is your fault!" Clayton yelled at me, giving a groan in frustration as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

-"I should have followed my instincts and set traps for the beasts!"

-"Don't you think I'm disappointed about the gorillas?"

-"You are absolutely impossi-" I was cut off when I bumped into someone.

-"I'm sorry I-...oh! Tarzan"

-"I was afraid I wouldn't come on time"

-"The boats have arrived, the ones that'll take us to England"

-"And father and I...well...I was wondering if..."

-"Well, we really hope that you'll come with us"

-"Won't you?"

-"Go see England today, come home tomorrow?"

-"Oh, umm...no, we won't come back tomorrow, it'll be too difficult to do so"

-"Not come back?"

-"I know it sounds awful, but you belong with us, with people"

-"Y/n must stay with Tarzan" he held a flower up to me.

-"Stay here?"

-"No, I can't stay, I...I have to go"

-"Y/n, stay" he took my hand gently.

-"But-"

-"Please"

-"But I can't, I'm sorry" I pulled my hand from his and ran towards the direction of the boats.

(A/N):

Finals are finally over! Yay! 

Winter break is in two days and then I'm free from the clutched of my professors and school!

I will now, once again start posting regularly, sorry I haven't been able to!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!