𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝐊𝐀𝐌𝐑𝐘𝐍

"Uh, what's goin' on?"

I watch as Sam and Dink give us both a weird look when Will adjusted his gear. The gear he hasn't put on since his accident. We decided to meet up before school.

Will nudges me with his shoulder. "You wanna tell them?"

"Will's agreed to join our team." I giggle as I watch their expressions change into something exciting.

"Bro! Yes!" They cheer as they hug and shake him up.

"What made you change you mind?" Dink asks.

Will glances at me before saying, "Oh you know. Just a voice in my head that kept picking at me." I roll my eyes making him smile. "I am so ready to get out there." He bounces on his toes as he looks to the slopes.

"Not so fast pretty boy." I tug on his arm before he can run off. "We don't just accept anyone. So, let's see what you got." He rolls his eyes before agreeing. "And hey, no fear."

***

The boy still has it. He took on the half pipe like he's done it everyday since his accident. He's rocking it. I'm glad he has finally put aside his fears and he is doing what he loves.

That is until he goes up one last time and comes down with a hard smack.

"Will!" I shriek before running towards him. Every memory from his accident comes flooding back making a sudden age of anxiety wash over me.

"Will! Will!" I violently pat his face. I groan in frustration, looking to the boys. "Don't just stand there! Somebody go get some help!-"

Will flies up and yells making me jump and scream. "I gotcha." He laughs poking my cheek.

I angrily swat his hand away. "Were you playing roadkill on us?"

"Yeah. But I'm okay." He smiles reassuringly. "I'm a little sore, but I'm okay."

"Good." I sigh before punching him as hard as I can in the arm. "Don't ever scare me like that again."

"Ow!" He rubs his arm.

"I need you." I breathe out. He quirks a brow at me while Sam and Dink snicker. "I mean I-I need somebody to teach Kayla the Cloud 9."

"What?" The boys exclaim.

***

"So, what makes her so special?" Kayla asks as she straps on her gear.

"Who?" Will and I ask.

"Skye!" I roll my eyes because this is all I've been hearing about all afternoon since Kayla found out that Nick and Skye were a couple. "I mean, sure, she's a great athlete, and she's traveled, and she's totally hot. But besides that, she literally has nothing else going for her." She shrugs before going do the half pipe.

"Frontside with a melon!" Will calls before whispering to me. "Your sister is very frustrating."

"She's just brokenhearted." I sigh.

"Yeah! All right, backside 5!" He looks back to me.
"She needs to focus." He looks back out. "There you go! Bigger! That's what I'm talkin' about."

We slide down and meet Kayla at the end of the half pipe. "Not bad, sis." I pat her shoulder.

She keeps her gaze focused on Skye. Who obviously kills it. Every. Single. Time.