𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

*so if you remember in the movie, this whole scene is basically a montage so bare with me. I tried to break it up to where it seem normal but it's a bit chaotic but enjoy lol.*

𝐊𝐀𝐌𝐑𝐘𝐍

"Concentrate and land it." Will calls out right as Kayla falls smack on her face.

"And we're off to a great start." I wink, I get on my board since it's now my turn.

"Stay focused. Don't mind anything that's happening out there-" He points to the end of the halfpipe when team swift is having their late lunch. "-just do what you'd always do."

"Sir yes sir." I start down the half pipe. You know I had thought that all of my skill would suddenly come back to me after my break. I was wrong. I immediately bust my tail when I reach the other side.

"Ooo." I hear the boys wince.

"That's gotta hurt." Sam says.

I don't panic. I just pick myself back up. I'll just keep on trying and hope for the best.

***

"Kayla what are you doing?" First thing I see when I enter the kennel is Kayla and Donald getting pedicures together.

She takes the cucumbers off of her eyes so she can see me. "I thought I'd treat some of the dogs to a spa day." She grimaces at Donald's paws. "And between you and me, Donald really needed some work done." I shake my head at how stupid yet hilarious this is.

The bell above the door rings and Will walks in. "Hey." I smile, going behind the counter.

He gives me one in return. "Hey."

Kayla clears her throat obnoxiously. Will looks to her and the dog. "This is your idea of working?"

"Yes, actually." She scoffs. "Donald here was in desperate need of a mani-pedi."

"A what?" Will asks. Boys.

"Trust me. Depression is no excuse for cuticles like his." She dries off his paws. "Okay, boy. Go take those babies for a test drive." Donald jumps down from the chair then goes to check out his paws in the mirror. Something in the back of my head is telling me this is extremely unrealistic.

"See? Everybody feels better when they've had a makeover." Kayla gasps. "Which reminds me, I have a project to attend to." She grabs a big binder that's filled with her revamp plans. "Now you two shoo." She swats her hands at us. "I have guys coming to tear this place apart any minute now."

We give her a confused look. She then yells. "Go!"

So Will and I scramble out of the kennel. "Well so much for washing the dogs." Will mumbles.

"And organizing the junk drawer again." I sigh sadly. My sadness didn't last for too long though. "Anyway! Wanna go out and get a coffee?" I ask excitedly.

"Might as well." He shrugs and we start to head that day. "Oh before I forget. I got you something." He reaches into one of his large jacket pocket and pulls out a bag. "I didn't have time to wrap it..." he hands it over.

"Oh don't stress it." I open the bag up and see a pair of goggles. "Aww Will!"

"I remembered you saying yesterday that you thought your head got too big for your old pair so I stopped by the store and found those." He smiles sheepishly. "They just so happened to only have your favorite color so I'd say it was a sign from God."

"For sure." I smile. "Thank you." I tell him wholeheartedly.

"It's the least I could do for making you do all of this." He stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"You're not making me do anything." I reassure him. "I had a choice. Sort of..."

"I know but..." He starts but I don't let him finish.

"Let's just maybe not talk about it. Okay?" I ask. He hesitantly nods.

If we talk about it I'll just end up begging him to compete again and he has to make that decision on his own. He can't do it just because I want him to.

"So do you think Kayla can do it?" I ask changing the subject. Though I wish I would've picked something to talk about that wasn't my sister.

"Maybe if she'd think less and do more." We arrive in front of the coffee shop, he swings the door open letting me in first.

"I agree. I think she's too focused on getting revenge." I walk up to the counter and order our usual. I end up paying which makes Will mad.

"I'm the guy! I want to pay for your stuff." He hounds me as we walk to the pick up counter.

"Chill Will." I say making his eyes roll back into his head. He hates it when I say that. "It's not like we're on a date." He gives me a confused look, which then makes me give him a confused look. Oh my gosh. Does he think this is a date? No surely not. But wait. What if he does? "Did you think that..."

"No...?" He's not very convincing. And I think he knows that. "Yes." He confesses. I continue to just stare at him. "You asked me out to coffee. Obviously I took it as a date!" He whispers.

"I said do you want to get a coffee!" I whisper back.

"Uh no! Actually. Your exact words were, "wanna go out and get a coffee?" Key words: Go! Out!" He makes a bunch of hand motions and my face starts to burn up. If I would've known it was a date I would've at least gotten a lint roller to get all this  dog hair off of my pants.

"Order for Kamryn." The barista calls. Will gets up and grabs the drinks.

"Well I guess I was just lied to because you didn't even get coffee." He slides my Hot Chocolate over to me.

"I didn't mean it as a date!" I try to say that in the nicest way possible but I don't think that it worked. "I mean not that I wouldn't have wanted that.." His face shifts into a surprised one. "Unless you don't want that cause that could be weird!"

"No! No! It's not weird." He defends. I start to feel eyes on me and I'm sure everyone in this place is secretly making fun of us. Will let's put a huff.  "Kammie, do you want to go out sometime?"

I'm going to vomit. No. Maybe just have a heart attack. Who am I kidding? I have no time to tell you about how long I've been waiting for this. "Sure." I spit out.

"Seriously?" He exclaims. I nod. He sighs nervously. "Okay great."