Chapter 17 : The weekend (Part 1)

Y e r i. POV

"AHHHHHHHHH I hate this so much!!" Jeremiah yelled , "Jeremiah you aren't the only one who has work to do , now shut up!" Konane said making Nate and I laugh . It was a busy Friday and the the guys were currently in our apartment . Everyone was either studying or doing an assignment , except for Jeremiah , who kept on complaining about how school sucks and how he wants to drop out . "You're lucky you have a 4 year course and are graduating in 2 years ,some of us have 4 MORE YEARS until we're done with this!" Amitola complained , "5 for me" I added as I lifted up my hand , "why'd you guys go for medicine anyways?" Jeremiah asked with curiosity , "I want to help people" I answered , "I want to have a big fat check at the end of every month" Amitola said making me laugh even more . I really loved these guys and if only Liam were there here then we would be complete .

"Hey can you hand me that?" Nate asked as he pointed at his very complicated looking calculator , "sure" I picked it up and handed it over to him . Nate and I were both seated across eachother on the carpet , he was working on something on his laptop while I was going through some notes I took from my last lecture. Nate and I managed to get even closer this week . I had sent him a Bible study plan that afternoon at the orphanage and after he did it , he seemed to have more questions about Jesus , The Bible and Christianity as a whole .

We heard a knock at the door and I wondered who it was . I got up and went to open it , being met by two teenagers with gigantic smiles on the faces , "Hi Yeri!" , "Jin , jisoo! Come in , You guys are early" I said as I let them in , "yeah since the café , is well , you know ......we really don't have much to do after school , so I guess we'll be coming here earlier than usual for our tutoring sessions" Jin responded as he helped Jisoo. Jisoo had broken her leg during the fire and had to use crutches now , but that didn't get rid of her bubbly attitude.

Some time before we left last semester, I had told the twins parents that I could be their tutor , I didn't have any plans for the semester break so I was completely free to help them out and now I'm stuck being their tutor, but I don't hate it honestly. "We must be behind, I'm so sorry so much happened last week" I apologized , "no worries , hi guys!" Jisoo said , "Hi!" Everyone simultaneously answered with their eyes glued to their laptops , including Jeremiah who finally decided to do his work , "I'm sorry about what happened to your families café , I wish I could have just one last chocolate exploration" amitola said as her eyes seemed to sparkle when she said the last part , "it's okay , things happen" Jin responded with a smile on his face even though deep down you could tell he was sad about it too , "hey so are your parents going to reopen somewhere else?" Nate finally spoke up , "we're not sure , Dad said they would need a lot of funds to do that , an amount we can't afford" Jisoo responded with a down face . Everyone suddenly stopped what they were doing , realizing that there really wasn't a way to bring back the café "Okay so why don't we get you guys seated while I prep some snacks" I said as I led them to my room to prevent bothering the others in the living room . "Oh wait-" Jisoo said as she turned to Nate , "um .......Nathan" Nate turned to face her , "thanks for saving me when all that happened" she said , "yeah , same here , our parents are really grateful too" Jin added as I remembered that it was Nate who helped them all get out of the building , "No need to thank me, what matters is that you guys are alive and I would gladly do it again" he said flashing them that million dollar smile of his and I could see that Jisoo agreed as she swooned .

The twins were in my room and I was now getting a bag of chips and some juice boxes , "those are the kids from that café you guys always talked about?" Konane asked , "oh yeah , they are , it's honestly sad we didn't take you there , you would've loved their pastries" I responded with a smile on my face , remembering how good their food tasted "I probably would've, It's sad they lost it all " He said with a face filled with genuine concern , "yeah it is, that café was like their second home" I added ,recalling how happy the twins and their family were whenever they were in the café, "if only there was a way to help them reopen or something" Konane said as I remembered the conversation I had with Nate when he was in the Hospital about the fundraiser, "hey Nate!" I called ,getting his attention, "remember what I talked to you about , the fundraiser?" I said as he nodded in response , "well why don't we ask Jin and Jisoo to talk to their parents about it , if they have enough funds for the fundraiser, we can organize one and could possibly help them re open!" I said with so much optimism, "I don't know Yeri I still think it's too early-" , "that sounds like a great idea honestly" Amitola said cutting off Nate , "I agree , I can even help out if they need extra man power" Konane added , "I'm in if I get to wear a cool apron" Jeremiah spoke as we turned to him in confusion , "what , I like how aprons look on me" he said . I then turned to Nate waiting for his answer , "I guess I have no choice" he said as I smiled brightly, "but what if they don't have enough money to even have a fundraiser?" Amitola added , "luckily we have a boy named Nathan Johnson whose lovely parents are loaded and would love to help out their son. Right Nate?" Jeremiah said faking an innocent smile towards Nate ,
"you want me to use my parents?" , "oh please , like they aren't using you too" Amitola said , "yeah ,aren't you forgeting that you're nothing but a walking investment who'll help them out when they get older?" Jeremiah added as they pushed Nate in a corner , "*sigh* fine I'll talk to my parents" Nate finally surrendered as we all agreed on the fundraiser.