Chapter 22 :Fundraiser

N a t h a n . POV

We were both seated, waiting for the other to say something but we just sat there in silence. I obviously knew what she wanted us to talk about but I just didn't have it in me to have that conversation with her right now , even though I'm thankful for her helping me out last night , I still feel uncomfortable considering I let her see me in that state , "I still like you..." she begun , "....and honestly I don't like how uncomfortable you seem to be around me right now , I know you probably thought I didn't notice..." she paused as I looked at my fingers and fiddled with them, "......I can break up with Yeonjun if you want me to" she said as I suddenly choked on air , "what??" I asked in shock , "I said....." , "no I know what you said, I'm just shocked you would do that" I said interrupting her , I mean , who wouldn't be shocked , not everyone is willing to hurt someone just so they can be with you , "look Yeri , as much as I want to be with you and trust me I REALLY want to be with you , I can't let you hurt someone just because I want to be your boyfriend" I said , rubbing the back of my neck , "My boyfriend.........." Yeri whispered but I clearly heard her . I wouldn't mind her calling me that honestly, "if you don't want me to......then I won't , I'll find a way out of this , I mean if we're meant to be ............God will find a way for us to be together , right?" she said smiling at me , her smile was so big that her eyes formed crescents , "yeah , let's hope we are" I replied returning a smile .

J e r e m i a h . POV

"Why did I have to work with the dumb one" Amitola said rolling her eyes at me , "dumb one!? You're calling ME the dumb one , aren't you the one who wasn't able to think 'oh maybe this came with instructions' if it weren't for ME you would've broken this thing!" I retorted, we were done handing out our flyers and were currently trying to set up this over-engineered serving table , all I did was try to help her since she didn't even bother reading the instruction Manual and honestly I don't know what I was thinking , "exactly 'WOULD'VE' meaning I didn't , I was better off doing this on my own" she replied, that's it "you LITTLE!-" , "Jeremiah!" I paused , as I suddenly heard my name being called by a familiar voice, I looked around and after a few seconds I spotted who it was , "Lara!" I exclaimed as she ran over and gave me a hug , having her in my arms was the best feeling EVER . I then heard the shutter of a phone camera and turned to Amitola, "this is definitely going in the group chat" she said smiling at her mobiles screen , I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself down , if it weren't for Lara I would be chocking this girl. "Hi!, I'm Amitola" , "Lara" , they shook hands as I just stood there , "Oh so you're the unlucky girl this fool of my brother is dating" Amy said , as I impulsively ripped the instructions Manuel , "actually I would say I'm pretty lucky , Jere is a great guy" Lara responded with a bright smile as she turned to face me , that's my girl! "That's because you've only known him for like a week , trust me , give him a month and you'll be running for the hills-" , "you know what Amitola!" I was about to shout at her but then I saw Lara's green eyes look at me , she was too innocent for the words I was about to utter "Yes.... Jere , you were about to say something" , she said with a smirk on her face , "I think you should set up the table while I show Lara around and introduce her to everybody" I replied as I grabbed Lara's hand and left . I could hear Amy laugh in the distance. She's lucky Lara's here.

Everyone was now familiar with Lara and yes by familiar I mean they now knew I was in a relationship, out of everyone , Konane seemed to be the most excited, "so how did you you guys meet!?" He excitedly asked , "well it's pretty crazy , I was actually trying to hit on his friend...." My friend....... Nate! I haven't told Nate and Yeri yet , they aren't even back from handing out flyers and the fundraiser is about to start . We had about 30 people lined up and honestly we were only expecting less than 10 at this time but it seemed people were up and early today . My phone suddenly buzzed and it was a text from our group chat . It was a photo . I clicked on it and of course it was a picture of Lara and I hugging, I turned around and saw Konane staring at his phone with a huge smile on his face and behind him I noticed a girl with a mischievous smirk . I'm sorry Liam . I'm murdering her , "I'll be right back" I excused myself as I went towards Amy and just when I was about to unleash my anger towards her I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around me , "AHHHHHH! Jeremiah has a girlfriend!" It was Yeri and she sounded so enthusiastic, almost as much as konane, "why does this girl look so familiar?" Nate asked while staring at his phone , "hi Nate! Hi Yeri!" Lara joyfully greeted , "Lara!" , "Lara?" Yeri and Nate said at the same time but both with different attitudes , Yeri was happy , while Nate was confused and honestly I can't blame the guy , the girl who hit on him is dating his best friend, it's a weird turn of events.

It was game time . Lara decided to stay and help out , her , Yeri , Jisoo and Amitola were in-charge of taking orders while Yeonjun , Jin and I were on serving duty . Nate was with the bakers being their little assistant, he would run to the grocery store every now and then to get more ingredients. Things were going smoothly, we had a lot of customers in the past hour but even though we made a lot of money , we knew it wouldn't be enough to open up an entire café so we still had a long way to go .

N a t h a n. POV

I was now making my FIFTH trip to the grocery store and this was getting extremely tiring, it seems we underestimated the number of people we would get. Taking my card out of my wallet , I suddenly felt someone tap my shoulder , I turned around and saw.......... Someone who looked rather familiar, I furrowed my eyebrows trying to recall the time I saw this face , "I guess you don't remember me" he said as I continued to stare at him with confusion , "I'm Benjamin, remember, from like a week ago" he added , as I searched through my memory until it hit me , "Oh! Benjamin, the guy who was with Amy!" , only now did I realize how similar this guy looked to Liam , if it weren't for his red hair they would look like twins , "yeah, so I heard you guys are having a fundraiser, a Friend of mine brought me a cupcake and said she got it from your tent, it was pretty good" he said with a bright smile on his face , "well thanks , even though I'm not the one who baked it, I'll make sure to pass the compliment on to our bakers" I replied . I got my card and the ingredients and was on my way out until I was stopped by Benjamin , "hey Nate......um........I know we aren't that close , but can I ask you for a favor?" Benjamin asked , stopping me right at the exit , I was hesitant at first, but hey , it's just a favor and I could easily say no if I wanted, "sure , what is it" I replied facing his direction , "can I help you guys out with the fundraiser?" He asked , leaving me dumbfounded , he wanted to work? That's the favor he's asking for? , "sure, the more the merrier I guess" I responded with a smile on my face , it was obvious that we needed more man power.

We got back to the fundraiser and Konane came yelling the moment he saw me , "what took you so long!! , we ran out of milk and we need some more!" , *sigh* looks like I have to go back to the grocery store AGAIN . I mentally rolled my eyes while I placed the ingredients I just bought in the bakers tent , but before I left I had to introduce Benjamin , "oh , Konane , I believe you know Benjamin....." Konane looked at Benjamin with an expressionless face and slowly nodded his head , "....well he wants to help out so I thought we could let him on board" I finished as I suddenly heard someone frantically cough, I turned my head and saw Amy clearing her throat as she regained posture, "Benjamin!?" She yelled , moving towards us , "oh hi Amitola" he replied smiling at her , "Benjamin!?" Yeri said as she appeared out of nowhere with yeonjun next to her , a little too close to her if I may add , "hi........I don't think I know you, I'm Benjamin" Benjamin said extending his hand to Yeri for a handshake , one she rejected by folding her arms and flashing him a cold look , what's going on with these guys? "Hey Nate, Mrs Choi is wondering when you'll get the milk........is that Benjamin?" Jeremiah asked as he noticed the red head standing next to me , but unlike Yeri and Amitola who seemed unamused with his presence, Jeremiah had a cheeky smile on his face as he turned to look at Amitola .

Is there something I don't know about?