Chapter Ten

AN: I said this in ch. 9, but I went back and updated chapter one. Peter's age is now 19. Also, Peter is like 22 weeks...I think. 

Peter stares down at his phone for what could have been hours or seconds. Wade texted him. After almost three months of nothing, he finally reached out. He was glad Peter kept the twins.

Does Wade even know he's having twins? He saw the ultrasound, months ago, but he was angry. Probably too angry to notice that there were two babies instead of one. Wade was happy he kept the twins, but what if he doesn't want Peter to keep both twins? Wade only mentally prepared himself for one baby, not two.

God, this was like telling Wade he was pregnant all over again.

Whatever. It doesn't matter. Peter has already gotten used to the idea of raising the twins without Wade. It was nice that he didn't want Peter to kill them anymore and it was nice he reached out. Maybe, if Wade talked to him more, they could work something out.

Peter saw a video clip once, about a five year old little boy meeting his father for the first time. Apparently, the father wasn't ready for kids when he got his girlfriend pregnant, so she told him they would be there when he was ready. Five years later, he was.

Maybe they could do something like that. Peter can watch the twins. He might not be completely ready for kids, but it was his responsibility as their parent to take care of them. His obligation as a father. Wade had an obligation as well, since it takes two to make children, but Peter can give him time. Not forever, but a few years. He already gave him a few months.

Peter groaned. If he was being completely honest with himself, he didn't want to give Wade a few years. He didn't even want to give him another week. In the deepest parts of his mind, he thought Wade was being selfish. It doesn't matter if he thought he couldn't have kids, he was obviously wrong. He had two kids, but he was being selfish and only thinking about himself. Peter wasn't ready to be a father either, but you don't see him running away or getting rid of his children. Peter was being responsible, he was being a parent. He wasn't being selfish.

Okay, maybe Tony's rants have gotten to him. Whatever, the point still stands. Peter grew the fuck up and delt with the unexpected curveball life threw at him. Wade ran away, demanded he murder his children and took almost three months to answer his texts.

Fuck him.

The logical side of Peter's brain pointed out that if Wade was offworld, wherever the fuck he went, then he couldn't control how long he was gone or the lack of communication.

Well, he could have not gone offworld.

Or texted that he might be gone for a long time.

Peter looked down at his phone again, gave a mental 'fuck it', sent a quick "We'll talk later." And the ultrasound he got last week, then shut his phone off and threw it on his bed.

There. Now Wade knew he was having twins.

Time to ignore his phone for the next few hours.

Peter has an envelope on his kitchen table containing the gender of the twins, he has yet to decide if he wants to look now or wait until the gender reveal party next week.

He stares down at his stomach, now a decent size and very visible. "I need to know."

He can start buying clothes and decide how else he wants to decorate the nursery. Tony offered, again, to give Peter his own floor at the Tower. He offered, again, to give Peter one of his apartments or mansions. Peter, again, declined. They reached an agreement on Peter's living situation. Since the apartment Peter shared with Wade was in the not so nice places of New York, which was wonderful when you're a superhero whose job is to fight crime but not wonderful as a parent of twins, Peter agreed to let Tony buy him an apartment in the middle class section of Queens, on the condition that Tony will only pay half of the rent until Peter goes back to work.