25 | S T R A U S S

"AARON DAMM HOTCHNER!" Strauss shouts walking into his office

"AARON DAMM HOTCHNER!" Strauss shouts walking into his office. Aaron winces knowing he would have to talk to her now she's back.

"Strauss"

"I leave for three weeks and find out the girl I told you to protect and keep safe was shot and transferred to another team. Are you joking!" Strauss screams at Hotch.

"There was an issue, she couldn't stay on the team anymore" Hotch tries to defend his actions.

"Issues? Seriously?" Strauss had just got back from a business trip with other directors and to hear what's been going on once she left, she was mad.

"Foyet shot her" Hotch explains, Strauss raises an eyebrow "right? Why would she need to be transferred, she would have been safer with the team"

"I kept putting her in danger, I thought it was the only way to keep her away with Foyet around"

Strauss takes a deep breath "Bailee, has been through so much, things you now know with the previous case you completed, she's a girl on her own and when I saw her before I left had a smile on her face. She was happy. She doesn't even know her real birthday for goodness' sake.... imagine basic questions she couldn't answer"

"What?" Hotch tilts his head.

"Her file has July 28th as her birthday the day she was found by Stacey and Levi, she was already a few months old. She can't even be happy on her birthday because she knows it's not her real birthday." Strauss stresses over how much Bailee has had to go through already.

Hotch leans back in his chair whispering "April 1st" Strauss looks up at Hotch confused but he continues "I thought Hailey was joking when she said her waters broke, an April fools' joke, when she said she serious I panicked, my daughter was going to be born."

"Aaron" Strauss's eyes widen at his confession.

"Bailee's my daughter, I didn't know until Foyet told me. I didn't believe him at first but then he gave me a teddy bear from her apartment the night he shot her and stabbed me. DMH was the initials on the tag" Hotch continues avoiding Strauss's eyes.

"Daisy Mae Hotchner" Hotch finishes.

"Your.... You're saying you and Hailey were her biological parents who left her at a park?" Strauss didn't know what her conversation with Aaron would be like, but this outcome was not what she expected.

"Yes"

Strauss stands up "Wow Aaron, I didn't know you could surprise me any more than you do, Bailee is still on your team, she had a deal with your team and that's final. She has close bonds with everyone on that team, including you."

"It's February, you better tell Bailee, I don't want her having a birthday that isn't on the first of April" Strauss walks out of Hotch's office.

Bailee walked into the elevator with sunglasses on trying to cover her eyes from the bright light, she had gone out drinking again the night before, she stuck to the promise she made to Derek but somehow, she still ended up with a hangover. Reid who saw her enter the elevator gave her a sad smile he could understand her a little he had been through the same thing when he was kidnapped, and he didn't want her to go down the same way he did. So, without hesitation he pulled her out of the elevator and sat her down on his desk chair, pulling up another one so he could sit down as well.