6: Camp

After walking through the jungle a while you relax as you feel your negative emotions taking a backseat. As you both break through the last few bushes you sigh and and follow Pan onto a log. As you sit together Goldie Locks comes up to you both.

"Hey Pan." You stare into the fire and let their conversation wash over you until Pan pokes your side. "Darling, this is Felix." You look over and smirk at him. "Pancake that's Goldie Locks." You let your smirk grow wide as both boys stare at you, then each other.

"Goldie Locks huh?" Felix crinkles his nose. "Says the Pancake." You try and hold in your laugh. "Not a word to anyone?" Pan nods along. "Not a word to anyone." Shaking your head you rub your eyes. "Tired darling?" You nod your head. "Tired and hungry. What smells so good?" A delicious smell of roasted meat (sorry for all of you who don't eat meat!) and charred potatoes wafts over to the three of you. "That's my dinner allocation right there." Turning around you growl as the brown haired boy from the ship walks up to your small group.

"You're the dust dude!" Standing up you glare at him. "Sorry about all that- I really hoped it wasn't to bad?" You don't stop frowning while he winces. "Could we possibly start over?" You think. "Alright. If I like this dinner and you promise not to use that dust on me again I guess we could start over." Smiling he extends a hand. "I'm Sebastian." You smile back. "Y/n." As you shake Sebastian's hand he pipes up. "So why don't I have to promise not to abduct you again?" You look him dead in the eyes. "Because when it's not foul play- you'd end up worse than Goldie Locks." A beat of silence passes before you both burst out laughing.

"Don't call me that!" You glance at Felix and wince at his bruised nose. "Did Pan fix it for you? Must have been pretty nasty if you still have a bruise." You turn back to Sebastian. "Well how about we let these to broody boys stew by themselves? I can introduce you to everyone else if you'd like." You nod. "Sure- catch you later Pancake." After you and Sebastian have walked around to the other side of the fire you blink, surprised when Sebastian let's out a howl, leaning on your for support.

"Sorry...haha I just can't believe...he lets you call him....PANCAKE!" You laugh as you watch Sebastian heave in air. "Who's Pancake?" A boy with freckles and a confused expression comes up to you both. "Peter Pan." You say smugly. The boy chuckles. "I'm Devin by the way." The boy has a kind face so you nod. "I'm y/n." Devin doesn't seem to be unfamiliar with you, in fact none of these boys have questioned who you are or come to see what all the fuss is about. Almost as if...an arrow shoots in between your laughing companions and thunks into a nearby tree, pulling you out of your thoughts.

"No one except y/n calls me that. I hear anyone else call me pancake and I feed them to the mermaids." You all stop laughing and turn to Pan, his glowering face staring each Lost Boy down fiercely. When you meet his eyes he winks and goes back to talking with Felix.

"Snap." You frown at Sebastian and push aside the butterflies that have decided to take up residence in your stomach. "What?" You look between Devin and Sebastian. "If you can't see then we have no hope. To bad for panca- I mean Pan." You just shake your head and smile. "Can we eat now? I'm starving!" Sebastian smiles. "Right this way y/n, the best meal of your life awaits!"

Peter Pov:
As sad as I am to not be talking with y/n I'm happy that the boys have taken a liking to her and that she seems to be accepting their attempts at friendship. I couldn't take it when they called me her nickname. I love that she calls me Pancake. That's why only she can call me that. Ever.

Authors Note: thank you to everyone who has been voting and showing love for this book, 💚💚💚