9: Wounded

As you walk through the jungle you eventually stop, out of breath. "Darling? Are you alright?" Breathing deeply you lean against a nearby tree. "Pancake, I don't....I don't feel so well." Swaying on the spot Pan quickly crouches down and inspects your wound. "You've lost a lot of blood. I'm going to need to stitch it before I can heal it over with my magic." You just nod and slump down the tree. Peter quickly scoops you up bridal style. "Darling stay with me, it's going to be ok!" You try and keep your eyes open, but your dizzy head and confusion makes it hard. "It's ok...Pancake." Closing your eyes the pain fades.

....

Groggily you open your eyes, your right leg throbbing. That's right. Rufio. Opening your eyes more you look around. You're in a double bed, propped up on at least 4 pillows. "Pancake?" Confused you try sitting up, only to be hit with another wave of dizziness. Immediately dropping back down you try and focus, naming things you can see. Wooden walls. A dresser. A window. Wooden floors and a mossy carpet. Definitely not your tent.

Suddenly a door opens and Peter walks in. "Hey Darling." You give him a lope sided smile. "What happened?" You wait for Pan to sit on the end of the bed. "Remember the fight with Rufio? He was a newer recruit. I'm sorry he sliced open your leg." You frown. "Is he dead?" Pan just quirks an eyebrow. "Well you did save me the trouble of tearing out his heart." Not even fazed you nod. "So where am I then?" Peter scratches the back of his neck- almost as if he were, nervous? "You're in my bed y/n."

Taking a second to register his words you prop yourself up, your dizziness almost gone. "Why?" "Because I spelled your tent so no one else could enter." You give him a small smile. "Well thanks Pancake. How long until I can fight again?" Quirking an eyebrow Pan chuckles. "A few days. I had Sebastian and Felix stitch up your leg, then I healed as much of it as I could with my magic." Sighing you rub your face. "How long ago was the fight?" Peter winces. "2 days ago." Your eyes widen. "What!"

Shocked, you feel your anxiety rising. Did Devin and Seb know she was ok? What has happen to her dad? How bad was the wound really? Why had Peter dropped the jerky act? "Y/n?" Meeting his eyes you hum. "Pardon?" Pan motions to your head. "What's going on in there?" You just shake your head, worrying that voicing your thoughts might make your hands flame up.