十五

After having spent the weekend with Seito, Kenjiro felt refreshed and was not as annoyed  during morning practice as he usually was

Goshiki just thought that his upperclassman must've been sick or he fell down from a skyscraper because even as he messed up his spikes and made small mistakes Kenjiro just corrected him, with the occasional shout but he was much calmer than he usually was.

Goshiki was not the only one to notice this, it was the whole Shiratorizawa team and to be quite frank they were somewhat scared and concerned about the copper haired boy. Adding the strange behavior of today and the way he acted last week, always being on his phone and typing long paragraphs, it all just wasn't the Shirabu they knew.

The thought about him being possessed by some alien came to mind, but was soon abandoned, if Shirabu ever encountered an alien, it would be too scared by his scowl to even think about coming near him.

As they were talking about it in the new 'what's up with Shirabu?' group chat, someone (Ushiwaka) had the marvelous idea that maybe, Shirabu was dating someone or at the very least, crushing on someone.

It was the only logical explanation they got – the one about aliens being number two seeing as they weren't able to come up with something else – but what should they do with this theory?

Ushiwaka just said that he didn't really care and didn't want to know more, as long as Shirabu wouldn't put his relationship before volleyball, however the rest of the team disagreed on that. Finally one of their teammates had something interesting happen to them and they wouldn't let this chance to tease Shirabu go to waste.

So they came up with a plan.

During lunch, the person that sat next to Shirabu would spy into his phone, maybe they would get some more information this way. If not, Goshiki would just have to pay more attention to Shirabu when they were alone in their room.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The lunch mission was somewhat successful. Thanks to Reon, they discovered that Shirabu had someone saved with several hearts, which left them all in a state of shock. Shirabu wasn't one to use emojis, like at all.

Now they knew for sure that Shirabu wasn't possessed by an alien and was 'just' in love with someone (some of them still thought that an alien could have possessed Shirabu and was texting his alien partner, because Shirabu and emotions was a big no). This was precious information, however because they were a curious bunch of boys this wasn't enough.

They wanted to know whom he was dating and if that person was worthy of dating Shirabu, because even though he was cold-hearted and liked to insult everyone, he still had a very special place in everyone's heart.

So their mission went on for the rest of the week, but was rather unsuccessful because until Wednesday they didn't get any new details to Shirabu's love life and on Thursday Shirabu left the school early in the morning because he got sick.

Thursday and Friday were boring days for the volleyball team because their mission was put on hold until Shirabu felt better, however Tendo, the mastermind and self-proclaimed leader had a wonderful idea.

Goshiki, who was Shirabu's roommate, had received the work done during lessons from Shirabu's classmates to give it to him when he got back.

However, Tendo had a different idea.

Goshiki, Semi and he would take the school work with them and on Friday, after practice they'd go to Shirabu's home and give it to him. Maybe the boy's parents would let them in and, like all parents do, tell them some of his embarrassing secrets and maybe they would mention Shirabu's relationship/crush.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At last it was Friday and the boys got ready for their task and entered the bus Shirabu always took to get home. Getting off at one of the stops they waited until all the other people were gone and stood in silence for a second, looking around them and at each other with clueless expressions.

Semi groaned, "Don't tell me you don't know where he lives."

Tendo just lifted his hands in surrender, "I thought one of you knew where he lived, y'all talk the most with each other."

While the two third-years bickered, Goshiki looked at the only two people that were at the bus stop apart from them. It was a pretty girl with short black hair and a guy with the same black hair color, both wore the same uniform and were talking with each other while the guy was throwing glances in their direction with a frown on his face.

When Semi finally calmed down, went to a bench and sat down, Tendo did the same and sighed in defeat, this was certainly not what he expected to happen.

Meanwhile Goshiki was still observing the pair near them and when a bus came the girl got on it saying, "Bye Seito! Don't get sick and tell Shirabu I said hi and hope that he gets well soon."

After he heard the name of the setter, he immediately turned to his teammates and told them what he just heard.

Tendo immediately jumped up and went after the boy who slowly started walking away, "Let's follow this good-looking guy, he'll lead us to Shirabu!"

"You can't just follow a stranger," Semi exclaimed exasperatedly, pulling Tendo back.

The red-haired boy looked at him cluelessly, "Why not? For all we know this guy could be Shirabu's boyfriend or something."

Goshiki spoke up, "We'll look like creeps if we follow him around."

Tendo smirked, "Then we just have to be inconspicuous."

The two other boys looked at each other and then at Tendo, thinking the same, that they really can't stop their crazy middle-blocker.

"Then let's get going before we can't catch up to him."

ᨳ ୨ ┈・┈・✧・┈・┈ ୧ ഒ

Just wanted to tell y'all how thankful i am for having reached 5k reads! i never expected to get that many!

-NEPTUNXS