Langris Vaude × Reader : Appreciation

Genre : Angst to fluff

Summary : Langris's time as an elf made him realize how close he was to loosing you and his family. He takes a journey to start changing himself to appreciate the people close to him more.

Word count : 1114.

. . . 🌼 . . .

It has been months. Yet, it is still fresh in his mind as if it occured yesterday.

It happened suddenly.

This strange presence that overcame his body and snatched the reins from him to commend his own body against his will, leaving him to fall into an abyss between reality and subconsciousness.

Langris wasn't in control of his actions. Yet, he was perfectly aware of what this strange entity was doing with his body. Too perfectly aware to the point he was almost convinced it was him who ruled. He could see through his eyes, but they didn't feel like his own anymore.

He tried to fight back for control, but the elf, whom was overpowered with anger, dominated every inch of his being. It made him feel hopeless, powerless, and useless against this abnormal desire for vangeance.

He couldn't help but watch.

When Langris saw you trying to 'snap him out of it' while protecting his parents, he was horrified for he feared his person who is not him will hurt you for standing on his way.

And his fears were realised when the too strong magical spell hit you hard, knocking you out cold on the spot. At that specific moment, never has Langris ever experienced so much fear and anger at the same time. He thrashed with all his might in the never-ending abyss that imprisoned him.

All in vain.

What made his mind eyes freeze was the second he realized that the elf wasn't done with you yet.

No.

He was just about to land the final blow to wipe you out for eternity. The screams of help and pleas from his parents fell into deaf ears as the elf raised his hand and mana gathered into the spacial magic spell in front of him. The hopelessness Langris felt was too much. He couldn't regain control. He couldn't stop the elf. He couldn't stop himself.

So he watched with tears dropping down his mind eyes.

Yet before the spell could hit you, a counterattack demolished it and sent the elf away from you.

Normally, Langris would always feel his blood boil in his ears and every inch of his body tense with annoyance whenever he acknowledged his older brother's presence.