Lumiere Silvamillion × Reader : Hand in Hand

Original suggestion by GhostieSimp_. Thank you for this lovely addition! Really had fun writing it!

Genre : Angst to fluff.

Summary : Being under a curse of the devil that tricked humanity and elves alike, you hope to reunite with your beloved that had perished years ago.

Word count : 2611.

Trigger warning : mentions of death.

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

"Is that the house?"

"I think it is. Do you think she's inside?"

"I have no clue, but I heard that witches can borrow animals' senses to enhance their human senses."

"But this is not a normal witch. She had been cast out of Clover Kingdom."

Suddenly, the two figures shrieked when a snake hissed at them. The two men bolted out of their hiding spots out fear for their lives. On their way back, a blue and red bird flew on top of their heads to peck them repeatedly.

In a scolding manner, that is.

Meanwhile, you sat by the window, watching as they ran away. You could easily make out their Diamond attires; not because you had reinforced abilities from borrowed animal vision, but because it was morning and the sun was bright in the sky.

In fact, you were not a witch or anything close to it. It was just that, for some unknown reason, nature seemed to love you; and because of that, animals, insects, trees, even flowers were at your disposal.

Since your magic type had nothing to do with nature or any of that sort, you were baffled when it had happened the first time 500 years ago.

When your beloved was still alive.

It was all still fresh in your mind. The devil's pointing stare as he spoke his last words before being imprisoned by Secre, "I shall take what's dear to your heart, human." His laugh roared at Lumiere's shock. He, then, uttered a spell in a foreign, demonic language.

Lumiere was as stunned as you were when a strange, ominous aura embraced you. Still, he stretched an arm in front of you to defend you in case of an attack.

"The curse will live as long as I do. You shall live an immortal life and witness those you love descend to their grave before you." And with that, a tattooed collar was inked around the skin of your neck.

You shook your heard at the memory, but another had already surfaced.

"Remember that I love you, (Y/n)." Lumiere's perfect smile was laced with melancholy, "Secre, can I depend on you to take care of (Y/n) for me?" Those were the last words you heard from the former Wizard King before he pressed a chaste kiss to your lips as a farewell.

You did not quite understand the curse or its effects at that time. Most humans aimed for an immortal life after all, right?

But after you lost Lumiere, it was only a matter of days before you caught up with the cruelty of such immortal life.

Secre, despite turning into a bird, monitored your condition and made sure you stayed safe and sound. You were beyond thankful for your beloved's former assistant.

"You didn't have to be that harsh, Secre." You attempted to scold her for pecking the men's heads, but the small smirk on your face betrayed the amusement that shied in your eyes.