1.8 || Origins and Ends

"My baby, you are the brightest light in my darkest nights. The sweetest dream when I sleep under the moonlight. Cherish the skies and live a young life, shining until the end of time."

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

As usual, Seungmin was woken up by the sound of Lucielle taking the whiney Henry away from the bed. The caretaker shot the Second Prince a smile when seeing him stretch and take a deep inhale, bidding the last of his sleepiness goodbye.

"Good evening, Prince Sion," Lucielle greeted, deciding to let Henry stay a while longer now that Seungmin was awake. She was much more relaxed compared to her first encounter with the listless Prince, knowing now that he was much more docile and patient than she thought. Many of the maids, truthfully, felt more comfortable working under him now; in the past, he was awfully strict and found many faults, constantly criticizing their work, but lately, he'd been casually praising them instead. He demanded little and was quiet. How could the maids not like him?

"'Evening," Seungmin murmured, reaching a hand toward his mana beast sleeping by his side. Shin unconsciously leaned into his hand with a content sigh.

Holding Lucielle's hand, Henry asked enthusiastically, "Brother, did you like the story?" He held up the book in his arms, referring to the tale of the Goddess and the Fairy King he read to Seungmin before they both fell asleep.

"Oh, is that what you read?" Lucielle smiled, clasping her hands in joy. "Prince Henry adores this story very much."

"Yes! I like how they fell in love. I want my heart to fall in love like that too," the little boy giggled as he held the book closer to his chest. After rambling about the narrative eagerly to his caretaker who seemed to have heard the story a million times, Henry took his leave. Silence fell after the muted 'clunk' of the door, and Seungmin plopped back onto the bed.

The tale of the Goddess and the Fairy King was a happy love story between two deities of the world. There were five deities total in the present: the Goddess, Fairy King, Illuminated Beast, Timely Being, and the Earth's Lord. The Goddess was the one to create the world, whereas the Fairy King was the first ever fey born.

Not all the deities were born at the same time, and not all of them were revered at the same level. The Goddess is considered the first and most important god as the one to create the world and therefore the other divinities. She was the one the holy kingdom followed religiously as the creator of life as a result.

It was said that the world was made on a single day with nothing but a singular touch from the Goddess. It took millennials for life to form, but eventually, the planet was filled with nature. One night, the Goddess decided to descend to her world, curious of how it was faring, and came across a lake (the land surrounding it was now the capital of the Holy Kingdom) reflecting the moon and a starless sky. On the other side of the water was the Fairy King, his feet submerged in the shore and his eyes closed in concentration. Slowly, he guided the clear water towards him with his hands, pulling it up into the air and creating a magnificent sculpture of a flower. Entranced, the Goddess walked closer until they were standing face to face in the shore. The Fairy King dropped the water with his eyes wide.

"You are the most beautiful flower to walk these lands," were his first words to her.

The two began meeting frequently at the lake after this, eventually learning more about each other and solidifying their relationship with a child—a star—to fill the night sky, giving their precious moon company in the lake's reflection. It was a classic romance trope of falling in love at first sight; but where there is love, there is always hate. Another god in the universe, the War God, was furious of their relationship. He had constantly pursued the Goddess of the world in the past, and yet there she was, hugging a child in her arms. The child was the very proof of her devotion to someone who wasn't him. And so, the War God stole the child and was never seen again.