2.0 || God of War

In the fabric of infinite worlds where all breaths have consequences, you cannot walk away from destiny. In his own world, this was how the God of War reaffirmed himself. He held his head high and held a small, unconscious boy securely in his arms.

"Please return my child to me," the Goddess across from him asked with a wretched heart. The storm surrounding them was causing trees to tear apart painfully, evidence of how miserable she was, and the War God laughed.

He thundered back, "You created this world where his destiny was to suffer. It was your choice to love another that led to this."

"You're mistaken," the Goddess murmured. "I did not create a world where one's destiny is only sadness. But I cannot create a world without pain, for without pain there is no happiness. I would never wish for someone's pain, not even you."

"You say this as if I am an enemy."

"I cannot love you."

"Tell me, is it because I am the God of War?"

When his question was answered with silence, anger brewed in his chest.

"You let the grass be trampled on and die, let sadness writhe humans until they want not to live, and yet you scorn me, a God birthed from your creation. Humans will always be surrounded by death, no matter where they are. Peace and war are mirror images of one another. Do you think hating my very existence will make any difference?"

"Must you force an innocent soul to go through such tribulations?"

The man scoffed. Then, he mustered all his strength and placed the mana in his palms. Around him, the already dying world stopped in time. The Goddess' lavender eyes furrowed.

"You made a mistake, but I supposed that was your destiny in this world," the man said wryly. "And now, it is your destiny to never see this child ever again."

For the Goddess who could not bear to destroy the world she created, she could only watch in agony as the God of War reduced himself to nothing but a blotch in the space-time continuum, sending himself into the infinity of chance worlds.

The sleeping boy in his arms didn't awaken once during the painful experience.

And like this, her child was gone.