Chapter: 2 Act 3: (A Black Haired Mage)

'I feel like Gilgamesh is focusing much more on me ever since that night...'

"Princess Athanasia can you tell me what is this flower and it's meaning?" The woman in front of me who was my teacher asked me 

"It's a forget me not flower! and it represents true love and respect!"

"Correct, now what do these mean?"

"A yellow rose means friendship"

"Also correct, congratulations princess you have a gotten a 100% on your test now as a reward I'll allow you to take the day off" the teacher concluded as she putted the flowers that she used for the test but a question popped into my head.

"Lady MyIitta, I have a question"

"If it is within my ability I will tell you" she told me respectfully 

"Why do I have learn these flowers names and meaning and what it means to gift someone a certain item?" I asked a bit curious but because of my past life as a princess I already knew a bit of the reason why.

"It is because you are a princess and must be knowledgeable about all things no matter how trivial and besides this will be required once you become engaged." That word struck a cord in me because no matter what even in my past life I was never engaged to anyone because of my dad but now I might be.

"But I don't want to get married so why must I?"

"Because that is simply how it is, a princess must get married to someone of noble blood and this is even more true for you because of your mother." I knew she wasn't trying to be mean and on the contrary MyIitta was trying to prepare me for the struggles of what would come from being a princess but having the blood of a commoner.

"However this is ultimately the King's decision so whether you get married or not is up to his Majesty." She said the last bit in an attempt to comfort me and somehow it worked just a little.

"Was it like that for you too? Lady MyIitta?" I asked her and MyIitta froze in her action of putting the stone tablet on the shelf and though I couldn't see her face it darkened 

"...yes just like all noble woman, I too have gotten married" her voice had frosted over 

"Does he treat you well?"

"Huh?" This had surprised her and she turned around looking at me with wide eyes

"I heard that some married man don't  treat their wife well and they suffer a lot because of it." This was the truth even in my past life even if it was nasty and judging from her reaction it must be true.

"It's alright teacher you can tell me anything!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes after all I am your student!" MyIitta Sighed heavily and what was once a cold, indifferent look on her face now was a gentle, calm look smile something that truly suited her.

"Thank you princess but i'm afraid I must decline after all this is my problem."

"Okay than! But remember you can tell me anything because Lady MyIitta Is my teacher!" I said with a large smile on my face and so my lesson was over and as I walked towards the door I stopped for a second and looked back at my teacher.

"Did you know? Lady MyIitta you have such a beautiful smile" and with that I left the room leaving a shocked MyIitta behind.

"Yes princess... someone did tell me that" warmth had filled her once empty eyes as she now smiled again.

...

..

.

'I hope MyIitta doesn't get too hurt after all she's really nice once you get to know her' I was walking aimlessly around and the one of the courtyards of the diamond palace.

"Hahhh! Being alone has never felt so... lonely before" Enkidu was off with Gilgamesh, all the servants were busy doing their duty such as cleaning, getting dinner ready and tending to whatever is needed to be tended to.

But not one of those things were me... after all I was the child of commoner just like MyIitta had say I was and they didn't really like me but tolerated me because of their king and no one could go against him if they want to live.

But even with the threat of death should they mistreat me that didn't mean they liked me it was more like we were in each other's lives and have silently agreed to make one another's lives more easier so we wouldn't have any problems that at least was one thing I was grateful for.

I must've have wandered pretty far because I heard a sound I wasn't expecting...

"Haha!" It was laughter 

I turned my head to that sound and saw a bunch of kids who were dressed pretty fancy meaning they were nobles and they were all laughing.

'They seem to be having fun' I thought and I remained hidden away from their view but soon they left and leaving me alone again.

'Why do I always end up alone no matter what?' I walked over to where they were even though I knew there was nothing there.

Nothing but the sun setting and me

"I miss Lucas..." my best friend

"Ha, so you do miss me Huh Athanasia?" 

'That voice!!' It shouldn't have been possible and I was afraid that the moment I turned around I wouldn't see him and yet... I did so anyways

And standing in front of me was...

"Lucas!!" I yelled out as tears began to spill from eyes, while Lucas didn't look like he had aged a day but soon his form began to shrink into that of a small child.

"So how have you been without me?" He replied in his irritating, cool tone but somehow that was comforting right now and so I ran to him and practically jumped on him knocking him off balance and falling with me on top of him.

"Princess...." He asked confused but returned the hug back and that let me know he was really here alive and breathing.

"I missed you idiot..." I quietly cried into his shoulder as I refused to get off.

"Hey... did you actually think I would leave you alone?" Lucas asked somewhat dumbfounded but concerned.

"Yea! I died in my last life of course I thought I wouldn't see you again!" 

"Are you an idiot? I wouldn't leave you alone even if you went to another universe" although he insulted me his words were comforting.

"...Promise to never leave me?"

"Promise" he said with no hesitation

Authors Note

How are you enjoying the story so far?

If I need to improve anything I will gladly listen to some feedback.