Story Special

"Would you like to know something? Regarding the sword Excalibur was first used by a women." A smooth yet somehow cheery voice rang throughout the empty training ground well... almost empty.

"A women...?" There was another person a young male although Merlin knew better then to call the person in front of him a boy when they were alone.

"Correct from back when the world was one and the cradle of civilization reigned supreme above all else a princess of the kingdom of Uruk was the first to use Excalibur." The mage answered nonchalantly although the king was curious that someone else had used his sword.

"What was her name?"

"Her name was Athanasia" At the mention of the name the sword in his hands glowed a sun golden color startling the king for a moment.

"See the sword is reacting to its original owner" Merlin on the other hand didn't seem to concern or even bothered but someone else did.

"Oh come now Arthur don't tell your upset that someone got to use it before you." It was obvious that only her father figure could figure out the expression on the girl face

"It is not that but I do not know how I feel, in ways I admire this 'Athanasia' and envy her. I wonder what her life was like." It was a bit of a bittersweet moment for Artoria after all Athanasia might've gotten the chance to be herself while she was here pretending to be a man.

"While it is true that the sword won't do everything it did for her since well... Excalibur was created for Athanasia but that does not mean you cannot make it work for you." Merlin smiled warmly which made Artoria feel a little better about herself.

"Thank you... Merlin"

"You should call me father! Like when you did when you were young!" Suddenly he chipped up with that information which caused Artoria face to quickly flash a shade of red at the embarrassing memory.

"That was when I was young!" She yelled back Turing her back away from him.

——————————————————

'Just... Where did I go... wrong...' I was using my sword to hold myself up as I tried to think but my mind was blank and my entire body was focused on breathing.

I slowly looked up to see the sun setting, its light piercing through the now still battlefield. No one was left standing except for me and I knew that I would soon be dead due to my injuries.

I felt something warm travel down my cheek and I didn't need to look down to see what it was. I knew that I was crying, for the first time in a long time.

"I'm sorry... everyone... I'm so sorry..." I managed to choke out those words as I felt my vision blur and I crumbled to the blood soaked ground.

For some reason Excalibur in my hands began to glow a bright golden color and despite my vision beginning to fail me, I could easily tell that a figure a woman was standing in front of me.

"W-Who are you..." I whispered as I looked up, the women had long gorgeous blonde hair that reached below her mid-waist, a slim figure but the most striking thing about her was her eyes which were a bright red color and though her clothes were quite revealing there was a sort of appeal about her.

"This could've been avoided had you had chosen not to take the sword." Her voice was sweet yet firm as she stood over me, with the wind blowing and the sun setting in background she truly looked like a goddess.

"What... do you..." before I could finish my sentence the mysterious women had crouched  in front of me, placing a finger over my lips.

"Excalibur wasn't meant for other humans to possess... after all it was created for me." The last sentence brought my mind back to what Merlin said.

"Your... Your Athanasia...?" I groaned at the pain of my injuries but I tried to maintain a neutral front which I was failing miserably.

"Correct... but not to worry I won't hold it against you for using my sword since it's quite alright by me but you on the other hand don't look like you'll be able to survive another hour." With that Athanasia stood back up, her appearance making her stand out on the battlefield.

"Though I guess that's the price you pay for using weapons that are beyond what you are capable of." She twisted her body to face the sun as her body began to vanish.

"W-Wait...!" I yelled out as I tried to move but only met with a wave of pain. Athanasia on the other hand simply turned her head to face me and smiled

"I'm sure we'll meet again..." and with that she disappeared and I felt my body slouch forward, no longer able to hold myself up.

'This is... the end...?' I could no longer feel pain as my eyes closed shut.

Who knew that this scene would be the last thing I see how pitiful...

Well did ya'll like this little special before the actual story continues?

But I want to ask you guys something. What servant class should Athanasia be in personally I think Ruler would be best for her but I want to know what you guys want.

Also I need to know what is she gonna be known for or like what her noble Phantasm are gonna be so if you guys have any ideas please let me know because I'm kind of struggling.