Chapter 5: Act 3: (The Banquet)

Outside the palace it was a quiet night where most of the people had retired into their homes for rest as their day were ending but inside the main palace where a large Banquet was being held the night was only getting started especially for a young princess and king.

'I wonder where they are...?' I quietly glanced over to Gilgamesh who was sitting with his hand propping his head up and his leg crossed over the other but anyone could tell he looked rather bored.

'Gilgamesh looks like he ready to kill... but I can't do anything until they come because I'm a kid.' Apparently because I was a princess AND a kid I had to wait by my dad side until we are done greeting these guests and even then I still have to be by his side.

"...His majesty looks like he is ready to kick the new king out the moment he comes...'

"...I wonder what is keeping them for so long..."

"...oh the poor princess having to wait so long for another king when she is only just a child..."

"...How arrogant of the king to keep his majesty and her highness waiting..." the nobles began to whisper among themselves some of pity, others in curiosity and some in distaste of the king being late.

"dad what should we do..." I leaned over a little and lowered my voice so that the nobles couldn't hear me but Gilgamesh simply looked at me before his eyes wandered back to the entrance and that was when..

"King Abu-Waqar and his son prince Opis! of the kingdom of Nippur. Have arrived!!" The servant announced as everyone straightened up their posture at the moment.

'Huh...?'  A aged man walked through with a young boy that looked around my age with tan skin, pitch black hair and bright yellow eyes.

"My greetings to the king Gilgamesh and princess Athanasia." The king bowed slightly though the prince went down a bit more than his father

"... you kept me waiting, king Abu-Waqar..." Gilgamesh removed his head from his hand and straighten his back as he narrowed his eyes

"Forgive me but there was a landslide on our way here causing our delay." The man kept his head bowed as a sign of apology

"Is that so?... Then it cannot be helped." Gilgamesh rose from throne which was my signal. I grabbed a cup from a table that was placed nearby and was filled with wine half way and so I gave it to Gilgamesh who took it from me.

"With your arrival we shall begin this banquet." He raised the wine cup as a servant also gave a similar looking cup to the king both raising it to each other before drinking it at the same time.

Meanwhile my eyes met the prince and for some reason his eyes widened a little for some reason

'He has beautiful gold eyes kinda of like Ijekiel from my previous life...' I soon turned my attention away and back to my father who now finished his toast with the king.

...

..

.

'I'm bored...' the Banquet was well under way after we all had finished our food except I was stuck by Gilgamesh side and he was stuck with a king who wouldn't shut up all the while prince Opis hadn't said a thing but who keep looking at me very noticeably.

"I was curious your majesty how old is your daughter?" King Abu-Waqar asked while stroking his beard looking at me but Gilgamesh wasn't having it.

"She is currently 8 and almost in her 9th year..." his eyes narrowed in displeasure excepting this conversation to happen but that didn't mean his answer would change.

"Ahh... she is close in age with my son Opis who is in his 10th year of age but I was thinking that perhaps they should get to know each other—" the king had a kind smile on his face but the meaning was anything but that.

'Are you really gonna do this right here in front of everyone?!' I was a little shocked at how brazenly he was bringing up the subject.

"I'm afraid not, my daughter is rather shy around strangers and nonetheless she already has a playmate therefore your son isn't necessary in her life." Gilgamesh harsh words had stunned everyone including me basically he was saying 'fuck off and don't come near my daughter'

'That's my dad!!' I had to force back a smile but I was happy he stood up for me

"Come now king Gilgamesh there is no need for such words perhaps we should continue this conversation some other time in more privacy along when we discuss politics." The foreign king quickly recovered from his initial shock and kept pushing forward as he laid a hand on my dad shoulder and smile ever so jolly but I could see the displeasure in Gilgamesh eyes as he looked the man hand on his shoulder and furrowed his eye brow.

"Fine... but do not expect my answer to change, Servants take King Abu-Waqar And his son to their chambers!" After giving his answer he stood up and ordered the servants as the two had left and followed them were their guards and seeing them leave I released my breath that I was holding in.

"Let us go Athanasia I'm finished with this nuisance..." Gilgamesh picked me up by my waist and as soon as he secured me in his arms we made our way out with people throwing a few glances at us...

...Soon we made it to a empty hallway that lead to Gilgamesh room and it was clear we were both tired but despite that he still made an effort to hold me close so I can rest.

"Dad... is it really okay for you to say that...?" I asked sleepily as my head was nuzzled into his neck.

"Yes it is because it's me and it doesn't matter what that Mongrel says or do I'm not letting you marry his son."

"...Thanks... daddy..."

"And anyways I found him unbearable as he would never shut up so I didn't enjoy that banquet whatsoever..." Gilgamesh said in a hushed voice as I can practically feel the annoyance radiating off him

"I thought you like parties..."

"I do but having to deal with some king who is lesser than me is not enjoyable..." soon we reached his room and Gilgamesh went straight to his bed, pulling off the blanket with one hand before placing me in then covering me back up.

"Don't worry about that, I will deal with it so all you need to do is just live happily." Dad placed a hand on my head after he sat down on the bed next to me.

"...Goodnight father..." I said before I fell asleep not being able to hear what he said after

"Goodnight Athanasia..." the golden king said with a soft smile on his face while keeping his hand on his daughter head.