Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Yazaan's POV
It's been 6 days since I have come to Islamabad for my meeting. Right now, I'm sitting in a cafe drinking my coffee, I just got free from a meeting and decided to have a little break from work.To be honest, I can't wait to go back to Lahore. I've been too focused on work this whole week. My schedule has been the same as it was back in London. I used to busy myself at work to escape reality. But it changed when I came to Pakistan. I don't really know what changed, maybe it was the constant reminder of my mother to come back home or I had a reason to actually come home for. I really feel bad for missing out on three years. In these three years so much could have been changed if I hadn't left like a coward. Maybe Warisha and I would have actually made this relationship work. I don't know why but Warisha has been a lot on my mind lately. I tend to notice every little thing about her. It just feels different. It's like many things have changed between us, but at the same time they haven't. Like I don't even know what I'm blabbering. I just know one thing is that I don't feel about Warisha the same way I used too. Something changed ,which I don't know what exactly ,but something changed in the way I felt about her. My thoughts were disturbed by a throat clearing. I looked toward the person and froze. There stood my so-called ex fiancé, who abandoned me on our supposed wedding day.
Maham:"Hi! Can we talk?"
I hesitated for a moment but agreed nonetheless.
Yazaan:"Sure why not."
She took the seat in front of me.
Maham:"Kaisey ho?"
Maham spoke after a few minutes of silence.
Yazaan:"You and I both know, tum yaha yeh puchney nahi aye." I answered in a cold tone.
She flinched, for whatever reason. I think it was because this was the first time I've talked to her like this.
Maham:"You're correct. I wanted to talk to you related to what I did with you on our wedding day. I regretted what I did with you. I shouldn't have done that. I embarrassed you and your family in front of everyone. I'm sorry for that."
Yazaan:"Pardon me. But how did you embarrassed Me or my family? "
Maham:" I ruined your and your family's reputation by not coming. Due to this the wedding was called out and you faced embarrassment."
Yazaan:"It seems you don't really know what happened. Neither did I nor did my family were embarrassed. Because the wedding took place. With a slight change."
Maham:"What do you mean? Agar hamari shaadi nahi hui to kis ki hui? Did Humza or Daniyal marry someone?"
Yazaan:"No I did. I married Warisha."
The pure shock on Maham's face somehow gave me satisfaction.
Maham:"How did you ?"
Yazaan:"The same way marriages happen."
Maham:"You hated her. You guys are enemies. You guys had too many differences. You guys..."
I cut her off, before she could blabber more.
Yazaan:"First of all, I never hated her. I envied her, for her talents and success. Second of all we guys were never enemies, we just liked to test each other's limits out. And third of all we still do have our differences. And none of this concerns you, does it?" She spoke after a little while.
Maham:" I know this marriage was a compromise. Obviously, You did it for your family's reputation. And Warisha as always took advantage of the situation. I knew she liked you, it was clear.  She used to fight with you to get your attention. How low of her to use a situation. I never knew she was so desperate........."
I shut her off by banging my hand on the table. Maham flinched by my action,
Yazaan:"JUST SHUT UP! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SIT IN FRONT OF ME AND INSULT MY WIFE. YOU SHOULD BETTER RESPECT HER, WHEN YOU SPEAK. HOWEVER SHE IS? ATLEASTS SHE IS BETTER THAN YOU." After that I got up and left. I don't know why but I needed to stand up for Warisha. For some reason It felt like she was insulting me rather than Warisha. I took a deep breath and sat in my car and left for my apartment.
Warisha's POV
It's late afternoon, I have just returned from the office.
______________________________________
It's dinner time, right now. Me along with sumbul, zahra and kinda bhabhi are setting the table.
Khala along with fariha mami, ami ,malaika and kainat mami are sitting in the lounge.
Khala:Yazaan kab wapis araha hai?"
Fariha mami:"jab kaam khatam hojaiga."
Khala:"Kya kerney ka socha hai agey Yazaan ne?"
Fariha mami:"Bas business main adjust kerley uskey baad bas Warisha aur Yazaan ki rukhsati kerwa deni hai."
Khala:"Bhala yeh kya baat hui. Tumney Yazaan se pucha hai ke woh kya chahta hai. Shayad woh yeh rukhsati na chahata ho."
Everyone freezed. Everyone was shocked. Fariha Maami:"Kya matlab?"
Khala:"Matlab ke sabko yeh baat maloom hai ke Warisha aur Yazaan ka nikkah sirf majboori ki tehad hua tha. Agr aisa na kertey to khandaan ki izzat par sawaal uthta. Aur ho sakhta hai ke Yazaan ko koi aur pasand ho. Usney ye Nikkah sirf majboori may kiya tha. Usko to kabhi Warisha pasand bhi nahi thi. He wouldn't have ever married her, if it wasn't for the family's reputation. "
Kainat maami:"yeh kya baat ker rahi ho tum Rameen. Sun bhi rahi ho apney ap ko."
Khala:"kuch ghalat to nahi kaha mainey baaji. Agr wo yeh rishta chahta hota to wapis aney may teen saal na laga deta."
Fariha maami:"Ussey agr yeh rishta na qabool hota toh wo Pakistan wapis hi na ata. Aur jo bhi aur jessey bhi halat thay, main bas ek cheez janti hun ke Warisha meri bahu hai aur is baat ko abhi khatam kerdetey hai." Fariha maami spoke in a stern voice. It's a rare sight to see her angry. I was grateful for her. And kainat maami to stand up for me. Unlike my mother who didn't even bother to defend me.
I continued doing my work ignoring everyone's pity full glances.
Dinner was awkward. Everyone knew something was wrong, but didn't know what. Except the ladies who were present there. After dinner I went to my room. Yazaan hasn't returned yet. This is one of the reasons why I want separation from Yazaan. To end this continuous taunting. After dinner I retired to my room.
Third person's POV
Yazaan had just returned back home. He was sitting in his room, when there was a knock on the door.
Yazaan:"Come in."
Kinza entered the room with a tray of water. Yazaan sat up straight.
Yazaan:"Arey bhabhi aye."
Kinza:"Yazaan mughey tumsey ek zaruri baat kerni hai."
Yazaan:"Ji karein"
Kinza then went on and told him about today's event that occurred. To say Yazaan was shocked was an underestimation. He was appalled and embarrassed. Appalled to finding out the venom filled words of his phupo and embarrassed for not knowing about any of the drama. He was now starting to understand why Warisha was so insistent on getting a divorce.
Yazaan:"Nahi matlab ke masla kya hai phupo ko. Jab dekho tab dusron ke mamlon me dakhal andazi ker rahi hoti hai. Insaan apney ghar par focus kerta hai, yeh apney illawa baki sab ke gharon par kerti hai"
Kinza:"Mughey nahi pata ke Warisha ne inka kya bigara hai. Khair, I want you to somehow give them a clue that you want this marriage. Wait! Do you want this marriage?"
Yazaan gave her a deadpan look.
Kinza:"Okay! But do something fast."
Kinza soon left after giving him a mindful lecture about his carelessness. Yazaan laid down on his bed with a great plan in mind.
The next day
Everyone was seated on the dining table, having their breakfast.
Wazir Sahab:" Rameen ,humey apsey ek baat kerni hai"
Rameen:"Ji Abu karein."
Wazir Sahab/dada:"Merey ek dost hai unhoney apney potey ka rishta bhaija hai hamari Malaika ke liye."
Everyone became attentive of the discussion going on between the two now.
Malaika looked at her mother horrified.
Rameen/phupo:"Abu, humney abhi Malaika ki shaadi ke barey may nahi socha hai. Ap unhey inkaar kerdey."
Zahra who was sitting next to Warisha spoke.
Zahra:"Phupo apney kal khudi to keh rahi thi ke ap Malaika ke liye ek acha rishta talash ker rahi hai."
Rameen glared at her, and responded
Rameen/phupo:"Mughey to yaad nahi parta ke mainey aisa kuch kaha tha."
Zahra:"Arey jab apney Warisha aur Yazaan ke rishtey ko ek majburi kaha tha, ussey pehley."
Everyone stopped eating their breakfasts and looked at Rameen.
Warisha glared at Zahra for spilling everything out.
Samra bibi/Bi ama:"Yeh kya keh rahi hai ap Zahra. Yeh kab hua?"
Zahra:"Sach keh rahi hun bi ama. Kal phupo ney yeh baat ami aur tai jaan se kahi thi. Agar apko meri baat par yaqeen nahi hai toh ap ami, tai jaan, Safeena phupo, Sumbul ya Kinza bhabhi se puchley, hum sub waha mojud thay."
Rameen/phupo:" mainey aisa toh nahi kaha tha. Ami Ji, mainey toh isliye kaha tha ke ho sakhta hai ke Yazaan ko koi aur pas and ho. Ho sakhta hai wo is rishtey ki wajah se apni khwahish izhar na kar paraha ho."
Everyone got a little uneasy by this statement. Bi ama and dada Ji exchanged a nervous glance. No one had ever thought about this. Fariha and Kainat exchanged a worried look. Humaima became anxious all of a sudden. In a long time she felt sad for her daughter. After a few moments of silence.
Wazir Sahab/Dada Ji :"Kya aisi koi baat hai Yazaan." Wazir Sahab asked in a general tone. He felt sad for her granddaughter.
Yazaan who has been the only one who paid no heed to any of the drama occurring on the breakfast table, and continued to eat his breakfast like nothing happened.
Yazaan wiped his hands on a tissue paper and stood up from his chair.
Everyone except Warisha was looking at Yazaan and waiting for his answer.
Yazaan:"Pehli baat, phupo I never asked you to be my lawyer and fight for my rights.Am I Right?"
Rameen gasped. This was the first time Yazaan had spoken rudely to her. She expected the elders to be angry at him for his rude remark, but no one uttered a single word.
Malaika:"Yazaan! Tum mama se kaisey baat ker rehey ho."
Yazaan:"What! I just asked her a simple question. What's the big deal? And second of all if I liked someone I would've told Bi ama myself. So, don't just assume whatever you want to. I don't really get it ke yeh baat kyun horahi hai. Agr apko itni fikar thi meri ya Warisha ki to ap logon ko yeh baat hamara Nikkah kerney de pehley Sochni chehye thi. Ab ek dumsey 3 saal baad apko yaad agaya puchna. Aur dada Ji agr mughey yeh rishtey se abhi bhi masla hota toh main wapis Pakistan na ata. Third of all it still doesn't give you any right ke aap mujhe ya Warisha ko judge karein. It's our choice and our decision with what we want to do. None of you have the right to interfere in our decision. And sorry to say, but you all have a part in this. Ap Bari hai phupo and I respect you magar you don't have the right to question me or Warisha. Before any of this happened, I was her friend and as a friend I won't stand you, if you disrespect her. And lastly I had the liberty to choose." After saying this Yazaan exited the dining area. The whole dining area was in silence. Rameen's whole face was red due to embarrassment. Warisha silently exited the dining area and went after Yazaan.
______________________________________
How was the chapter?
Plz vote and comment.