Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Yazaan's POV
I don't really know what I'm doing right now. For others I'm working, but I know that's not true. My mind is clouded with thoughts. And somehow they are all related to Warisha. Like, why did she not tell me that she was constantly being questioned because of me. Ok! If not Warisha, any other person could've told me this.
The door of my office opened with a thud. I looked up from my laptop and saw Humza striding in my office, like he owned it.
Humza:" Kiskey khayalo may Khoi hua ho."
I rolled my eyes at his words.
Yazaan:"Yahan kya kerney aye ho?"
Humza:" I'm here to appreciate you." He said while taking a seat in front of me.
Yazaan:"For what?" I asked while relaxing on my seat.
Humza:"For what you did today. I really appreciate that you stood up for Warisha." He said in a serious tone, I just nodded in response.
Humza:"Since when did you start to stand up for Warisha. And why did you feel the need to stand up for her?" He asked with a mischievous grin on his face.
Yazaan:"I always stood up for her, if you remembered correctly and as I said, she's my friend, I wouldn't tolerate if someone would disrespect her."Humza just shook his head and smiled in return.
Humza:"Yeah right! Friend. Could you just not be a total jerk and admit that you don't like when anyone disrespects her because it hurts you too."
Yazaan:" Okay! You can say it that way, that I didn't like it when she got disrespected. What's the big deal in this?"
Humza:" Why can't you see it?"
Yazaan:"See what?"
Humza:"That you're attracted to Warisha."
Yazaan:"What the hell! Are you even hearing yourself? There is no such thing."
Humza:" There is!"
Yazaan:"What are the proofs of it?"
Humza:"You want proof. Ok! Why did you stand up for her today? Why did you feel hurt when she was disrespected today? Why do you always feel so protective of her? Why do you hate it when Warisha ignores you? Why do you give her a birthday gift every year, when you don't even spend a dime on me or daniyal? Why do you always understand her without her needing to speak? Why do you feel bad when anyone in university used to ask her for dates or when anyone asked for her proposal? Why did you make two guys retreat from their proposals for Warisha? Why are you always there for her when she needs you? Why do you care so much about her? I'm not just talking about now. Even when you were engaged to Maham, you hated it whenever Maham used to bad mouth her. Even when Warisha was not present there. Despite your differences with her you always cared about her. It was her opinion over yours. It was her safety over yours. It has always been her." To say I was shocked was an understatement, I knew I had some kind of feelings  for Warisha but I never knew it was an attraction.
Yazaan:"If it was always Warisha then what was Maham?" I spoke after a few minutes of silence.
Humza:"I don't know. Maybe a liking or I don't know. Bur the thing I know is that you like Warisha. " After saying that he got up and left. I was speechless to be honest.
Warisha's POV
I left the breakfast table and went after Yazaan, but he had left when I got to the garage. I sighed and went to my room.
I entered my room and threw my dupatta on my bed and took a deep breath. To be honest I was happy. I don't know why but it felt good when Yazaan stood up for me in front of khala today.  It was a shock too. Yazaan had never disrespected an elder especially phupo. My thoughts were disturbed when the door of my room opened and in came my mother. I sighed because I knew she was going to lecture me on something that wasn't even my fault.
Ami:"Yeh kya kiya tumney?"
Warisha:" Mainey kya kiya hai? Jo kiya hai Yazaan ney kiya hai."
Ami:"Agar tum Yazaan ko na batati toh wo aisey Rameen se badtamizi na karta."
Warisha:"Mainey Yazaan ko kuch nahi bataya hai aur usney kuch ghalat nahi kiya."
Ami:"Yeh ghalat nahi tha. Uski badtamizi ghalat nahi thi."
Warisha:"Just because he stood up for me, it doesn't mean ke wo ghalat hai. Jo cheez apko ya kabir ko kerni chehye thi wo usney ki. Rameen khala ne apkey samney kitni martaba mughey bura bhala kaha apney agey se unhey kabhi kuch nahi kaha."
Ami:"Sahi toh keh rahi hai wo, teen saal hogai hai tumharey nikkah ko ab tak rukhsati nahi hui hai, iska matlab toh yahi hua na ke Yazaan ko yeh rishta kabul nahi hai. Kuch bhi karo aur uska ye faisla badlo."
Warisha:"Apko meri fikar kerney ki zaroorat nahi hai."
Ami:"Kya matlab zaroorat nahi hai, maa hu tumhari."
Warisha:"20 saal baad yaad agaya apko ke ap meri maa hai." I scoffed.
Amis's face became red.
Ami:"Warisha apni had may raho. Tumhari liye itna sab kuch kiya hai mainey. Tum bhul kyun jati ho, agar hum abhi yahan na hotey to abhi tak tum udhr zulm seh rahi hoti. Aur agar tumney ye... "
She was cut off by my one and only brother.
Kabir:"Ami! Kya ker rahi hai aap?What's wrong with you? It's her choice! You can't force her to accept something she doesn't want to. And wow! you are literally blackmailing her."
Warisha:"Huh! So what are we now! A perfect family" Ami looked away from me. And Kabir, I think I saw guilt in his eyes.
Ami left the room after a few minutes of silence. Kabir was still there, which was honestly quite weird. He has only been in this room twice in the span of 5 years.
Warisha:"Kuch kaam hai?"I questioned him.
He shook his head and left.
I took a deep breath and sat on my bed.
My life sucks!
_______________________________________
Kabir's POV
I'm shocked. It's really surprising for me that Ami could say these types of words to Warisha api. But, again I was never present there to know what was happening in her life. I never paid attention to anything related to her. I grew up in envy of her. She was the perfect child and I was the rebellious child. She had everything. Academic success, friends, love, happiness. I hated her, because she was perfect in everything. I know that her life was tough. She used to get occasional beatings from our so-called father. I really feel bad for her because she suffered. I remember when I tried to stand up for her ,for the first time. My father burned my whole arm because he thought I was being weak. I tried every time to do something about it but he never stopped. I also endured a few beatings just for trying to stand up for Warisha. Except for all of this I never tried to build a brotherly relationship with Warisha.
I sighed and rubbed a hand through my hair.
But I need to change that.
I got up and went out of my room.
I was standing outside of his room, the only person who could have helped me in my time of need.
Knock ,knock
The door was opened and Daniyal bhai came into view.
Kabir:"I really need your help."
_______________________________________
Yazaan's POV
Knock, knock
Yazaan:"Can I come in?"
Warisha nodded and moved aside.
I entered her room and sat on the chair near the coffee table in her room. Warisha came and sat at her bed and continued to do her work on her laptop.
Yazaan:"There's the Warisha, I know."
Warisha:"Kya matlab?"
Yazaan:"Like the one with the glasses. You sur look better with your glasses on rather than when you're wearing lenses. Like the one who looks like a strict teacher ."
Warisha laughed in return.
Warisha:"You're an idiot." I grinned like a Cheshire Cat.
Warisha:"I wanted to thank you for what you did today. It was a big deal for me."
Yazaan:"Mainey jo kia tha wo mera farz tha."
Warisha:"Aadat nahi hai mughey logon ko apna farz nibhata dekhney ki. Still thanks for standing up for me."
Both of us stared at each other for a few seconds then averted our eyes. After a few talks, I left her room.
_______________________________________
How was the chapter?
Plz vote and comment