A little bit of daylight in the dark night

Today was the day, Max was allowed to go home after the two week stay in the hospital. Though those two weeks felt more like two months. Max had still a a road to recovery to go but his doctor saw no problem to let him go trough rehabilitation from home. As it would provide more comfort and less stress. Also all Max's latest test had come back with good results. And after the drain was removed there was no more excess fluid to be seen for days.

"I've send your files to your doctor at home, as soon as you arrive make sure you rest, no screens and to much sensory overload. Then your rehabilitation traject will start on Monday morning" the doctor said as he held his hand out to Max who firmly shook it "thank you doctor I will" the doctor also said his goodbyes to the rest of them and then leaving the room.

Charles walked up to the dutchman placing his palm comforting against his cheek softly stroking it. "You ready to go Cherie?" The Dutchman leant in to the touch before he softly nodded "yes I want to go home" he said as he put on a cap and dark sunglasses. He also wore a black sweat set to not attract to much attention leaving the hospital. After all paparazzi finding them was the whole reason that they ended up here.

The last couple of days they had talked about it with each other, if they should press charges against the two in the van. For being involved in a car crash and leaving after , not providing aid. But ultimately decided against it as they didn't know who hit them, it all went so fast that they didn't even got the number on the license plate.  Pressing charges would  only attract attention to the two of them if it ever was to get out. And that shitstorm they were not ready for right now as Max still was in recovery and should put all his focus on that. It wasn't worth it.

"I'll see you at the airport Maxy" he said as he now pulled them closer together placing a soft kiss on the Dutchman's lips as hè smiled sadly at him. Of course he was the one who wanted to help him out of the hospital and be by his side, but it was to risky. So Charles would go with his mum and Jos, and Max would leave with Victoria by his side as Sophie waited in the car.

As Charles was seated in the car , they waited until they saw his boyfriend and his sister coming out of the big building. He was guided by her arm and as she closed the car door behind him, they drove off to the airport.
Being rich has it perks as both cars could drive directly on to the airport up to Max's yet. As the doors opened they were quick to get inside.

As they boarded and the flight was up in the air, Max yawned a couple of times. "Go lay on the bed Cherie, get some sleep" Charles cooed at his boyfriends sleepy form as he stroked his thumb over the back of his hand. "You come lay with me?" The dutchman mumbled barely audible, already half asleep. "Of course" he said as he guided the dutchman to the back off the cabin where the bed was situated. Closing the curtain that was separating the two compartments.

"Eww, you're not going to join the mile high club while we are with you on this plane!" She chimed in playfully. As Jos groaned, Sophie pinched the bridge of her nose and Pascale rolled her eyes.
"I was about to just rest but maybe you brought me on better ideas" he shot her a playful glare back. "Eww, I don't even wanna no" she snorted as she dismissed them with her hands in the air.

As they went to lay down the monegasque went to lay behind the Dutchman, pulling him close stroking his finger through his blond hair. "Sleep well Maxy" and with that he dozed off in a peaceful slumber.

———-

As Max blinked open his eyes he was confused, where was he? This wasn't the inside of his plane, also Charles wasn't pressed against him on the small bed anymore. He tried to blink some more, his vision got a little better though still blurry, as he smelled the detergent in his sheets. He was home. But how did he get here? And where was Charles?

"Charles?! Charly?" Hè called out his voice cracking a bit, he hated that he sounded so desperate but not being able to tell where he was exactly scared him.
He heard a flush from his right hand side, there where their bathroom is before he heard the familiar screeching of the door lastly opening, followed by a dip in the mattress. Confirming his suspicions that he probably was at home.

"Are you okay Maxy? Do you have pain?" The monegasque asked as he held his head between his hands.
Max could only smile as his boyfriend was so quick to come to his aid as he called for him. Though he also felt a little bit of guilt still brewing in the pit of his stomach as he had become so dependent from the monegasque.
"No, it's just I didn't know where I was cause we aren't on the plane anymore, and I didn't know where you were" he blushed as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"Oh fuck!" The monegasque cursed. "I shouldn't have left you alone until you woke up as you didn't know we were home already, it's just you were sleeping so peacefully and deep on the plane we thought it was better to let you sleep, so I carried you in last night and hadn't expected you to wake up already and-" before Max shut his rambling up by kissing his mouth firmly.

They kissed firmly and intimately, hands pulling the other closer and closer, as the kissed turned more soft and Max smiled against his boyfriend lips who tried to steady his breathing. "Stop panicking liefje" he smiled as their foreheads where connected and he tried his best to look in his boyfriends eyes, as he couldn't properly see it he just looked where he thought his boyfriend's irises would be.

"Okay" Charles breathed as he softly smiled back as he wondered in the Dutchman's turquoise orbs.
A devious smile now playing on the Max's lips "you know you are allowed to shit without me you know"
Charles huffed "I wasn't-I mean-" as he snorted "oh shut up Verstappen" he said as he shoved him playfully.as he tried to make his way out of bed.

"Wait?" Max asked and Charles sat down again next to him. "What is it?" He asked as he scanned his boyfriend's features who grabbed his hands pulling him even closer.

"I love you Charles Leclerc"
Even after all those years those words still made the monegasque blush.
"I love you too Max verstappen" he said as he kissed him once more.
"Come, I made us breakfast"