Chapter 2: How cruel.

"You. Who are you."

[The time limit has been reached.]

[Payment settlement will begin.]

[You have killed 1 living thing.]

[Kill History: One human.]

[As you have killed a non-resistant organism, the number of coins you have acquired is reduced by half.]

[You have a total of 50 coins.]

I couldn't move. I wish I had a fourth wall. I wish I was Kim Dokja. Even as the window screens tell me of my success, I had not a single desire to celebrate.

+

[Main Scenario #1 – Proof of Value has ended.]

Survivors of Bulgwang Train 3434,
Carriage 3707: Total 2 people

+

My brain blasted sirens. It warned me to make a decision. To tell him my name and I would survive.

"My name is....!!"

I attempted to voice out my name, but nothing came out. It was as if I was willed to never tell. Next to us, an ichthyosaur passed by the window.

"...Is not something I can tell you, Yoo Joonghyuk."

The blade of his sword was pinned down my throat, blood trickling down my neck despite only having been grazed with a small cut. The inches that separated me and my death held me back from gulping. I did not want to risk closing the distance anymore.

Was this really a dream? That hurt!

[300 coins have been acquired as a basic clearance reward.]

[100 coins have been reduced for the channel usage fee.]

[Additional compensation settlement will begin.]

Think think think! What would Kim Dokja do?

Simple. He would lie. He would call himself a Prophet to justify knowing information very few would own. His [Fourth Wall] ability also helped him from being sensed by Yoo Joonghyuk's [Lie Detection].

But I wasn't Kim Dokja. I didn't have abilities or photographic memories of a novel I've read my whole life. And this wasn't the sort of situation I could lie my way out of.

Something vague then.

"I'm not of this place!"

I could feel the pressure of the blade waver, just a tiny bit.

Yoo Joonghyuk narrowed his own eyes to meet mine, emitting a gaze that screamed bloodlust. However, that stare of his then subtly glanced over to my side— most likely him using [Lie Detection] to double check my truth.

"A reincarnator...?" Suspicion fills his tone, as if not even an ounce of trust was worth sparing me.

"N-not quite." I muttered. "I'm, a transmigrator. Yeah that."

At least, that's what I should be. The wound on my neck debunked every possibility of this being a dream. Unless I was a really, really, talented dreamer.

(Let's not touch on this topic any longer.)

If reincarnators, returnees, and regressors exist, then it wouldn't be so strange for there to be a transmigrator as well.

I silently hoped that whatever it is that I say would be automatically filtered by the Star Stream. It would be too much of a complication to handle any plot changes by this.

"Hm." The man stayed silent for a while, as if reconsidering my execution.

"That does not matter. Die."