seven

excuse any mistakes

Hakim took a long pull from his blunt, as his watched the scene in front of him. He was irritated and ready to lay down with both Yara and Treasure, but he promised Treasure that he'd go out with her tonight.

"Who the hell is that nigga talking to my baby?" He mugged, seeing Tu Velo pull Yara to the side.

Niara looked up from her phone along with Treasure, Lyric, and Maia. "That's a Tu Velo, he a bouncer." Niara chuckled, going back to her phone. Her, Lyric, and Maia were all off, so they decided to come out with Treasure as well.

Treasure only wanted to come to the club because she missed Yara. The three of them hadn't seen each other in two days, simply because Swiss had Yara working double hours once again. "Ni, when she get off?"

"Three. I don't know why she even still works here. Yara too damn nice. I went and got her an application for the daycare, but she insisted that she came to work so that Swiss wouldn't be mad at her." Niara shook her head, skimming her eyes over at the bar.

"Who is Swiss?" Treasure frowned.

"That's her boss, he owns this place. Honestly I'm trying to open my own shit and take some of my girls with me. I feel like he taking advantage of her, and I don't like that." Niara replied, texting Tu Velo. She looked down seeing Yara wipe down all of the tables in the general section, noticing Ashanti staring at her.

"Been told you to do that shit." Hakim mumbled. "But what you mean by taking advantage of her?" He asked, now sitting up resting his elbows on his knees.

"Bubba youn see that shit? He got her working like she a fucking slave. The other day we talked and I was telling her about the daycare. She was worried that Swiss would be mad at her if she quit. I asked her if he was ever mean to her and she tried to beat around the bush about it." Niara spoke.

Hakim's jaw clenched, as he took another drag from his blunt. He knew how some club owners were with their employees, so he wondered if Swiss ever tried to get with Yara.

"And I'm sorry Ni, but I don't like the Ashanti bitch." Lyric spoke up. "She give me jealous and sneaky vibes. I don't trust her at all." She added.

"On my mama that girl weird. I feel like she the type to set somebody up, on some throw the rock and try to hide it type shit." Maia added to. Maia and Lyric were always the first to pick up funny vibes from any new employees, and they always ended up being right.

"Hoe better go play with her pussy, because if I find out she even looking at Yara wrong I'm on that hoe head." Treasure scoffed. "She was blowing me at the kickback from jump."

"I tried to fire her, but Swiss said she ain't going nowhere." Niara shook her head. "That's his fuck toy."

"I'm finna tell him to send Yara up here." Niara mumbled, texting Tu Velo. Tu Velo was one of the bouncers that got hired on when the club first opened. Him and Niara had known each other from high school, so she knew she could trust him.

"Hey y'all. I'm gone chill up here until it's time for me to go, I'm tired." Ashanti said, walking into the sections that Treasure had booked.

Lyric groaned, pulling out her phone texting the group chat. This hoe a bug what the fuck. She sent to Treasure, Maia, and Niara.

"Ni you needed me?" Yara's soft voice became heard, getting everyone's attention again. She could see Ashanti smirking at her from her peripheral, making her chew the inside of her cheek.

"Yeah, take a break." Niara said. "And why you cleaning the general section right now? I could've sworn you was only assigned private sections only."

"Swiss told me to do all of them." Yara replied. "Hi everyone." She waved to everybody. She made eye contact with both Treasure and Hakim causing a huge lump to form in the center of her throat.