twelve

excuse all mistakes

"We found something. Looks like a van just below us." One of the Coast Guards mentioned, getting the attention of everyone. Niara, Treasure, and Lyric had joined Hakim and Geno at the Lake, leaving Maia at the house with Jayah.

They had been searching the lake for a good five minutes, looking for any signs of Yara. The paramedics had said that if Yara was still alive it would be God's miracle.

"I see her body. She's in the back of the van that they dumped." That same Coast Guard said, as he had just came up from under the water. "Detective you might wanna turn the family away, so we can get her out of there. We don't know what we're gonna be looking at once we bring her up."

"I'm not looking away shit, get her out of there." Hakim spoke, as soon as the detective turned to face them. "I said get her out of there!" He yelled, tears streaming down his eyes.

"Sir we only suggest that you guys turn your heads just because—Nigga y'all doing all this talking, get her out the damn water." Geno mugged, interrupting the detective. He knew all about their protocols, but he felt like the more time they wasted explaining their protocols the less time Yara had.

The three Coast Guards nodded their head, continuing their rescue. As one hooked a hook to the back of the van, the other prepared to push the button that would pull the van out of the water. "Alright on my count, the last thing we need is to drop the van and it sinks even further."

"I'll be ready to get her out." The last Coast Guard responded.

"One...two...three. Slowly!"

The van slowly started to be pulled to the surface of the water. It was clear that Kelly and his partner had intentions of the van sinking, but luckily the search and rescue crew found it just in time.

When the van was finally out of the water, the third Coast Guard popped the doors to the back open. He immediately covered the whole van with blue tarp to ensure the privacy of Yara and the family from news outlets. "Paramedics, we're ready!"

Hakim held Treasure tightly as she sobbed catching a glimpse of Yara's limp body. He tried to hold back his tears to be strong for everyone, but he couldn't.

Niara dropped to the ground vomiting all of her insides up. The whole situation had her stomach queasy and after seeing the state that Yara was in, it made her stomach churn even more.

"Don't have a pulse, we need to move her now." The paramedics rushed, loading Yara onto the gurney. Once they strapped her down, they wasted no time running to the ambulance.

"Babe you wanna ride with her?" Hakim asked Treasure as they all rushed behind Yara.

Treasure shook her head. "No I can't." She cried. Even though she was a trained nurse, and most of the times she could handle cases; this was one different. She couldn't bare just seeing Yara in the state she was in. "You ride with her."

Hakim nodded his head, jumping in the back of the ambulance with Yara. "Alright mama." He mumbled, wiping his face. He grabbed her hand, as the paramedic moved rapidly in the small space.

"I know you hear me mama, just fight a tad bit more so we can see those eyes again." He encouraged, squeezing Yara's limp hand. "Come back to us."