THREE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 :
headlights from hell

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     ARE WE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY? That was the girl's first thought as she stared at the truck with worried eyes

ARE WE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY? That was the girl's first thought as she stared at the truck with worried eyes. A tense feeling seemed to freeze the air, no one moved nor spoke for a growing minute.

Grabbing her necklace to try and calm herself the girl looked back and forth between her friends and the car. Everyone felt uneasy and even the playful Dalton had put away his camera for the first time the entire night.

Blocking her eyes from the bright lights with her hand the girl heard Wade call out to the truck, "Yeah?"

"Ayo—man you need something?" Blake was next.

"What does he want?" Hushed, worried voices spread across the group as some gave each other confused and worried glances.

"Hi...can you turn off your lights please?" Wade tried again.

"Okay, this is getting kind of creepy," Paige spoke from Blake's lap.

"Kind of creepy?"

(F/N)'s friends continued to call out to the person in the truck but no one could neither see nor hear them. The males of the group started getting closer to the car, and more aggressive with their words, "C'mon man turn your lights off!"

"I'm serious man turn your lights off or I'll whoop your—" Wade cut off Blake's threat before he could continue with a more peaceful statement.

Nick decided he had enough and stood up with his bottle, changing his grip on it so he could throw it at the headlights of the car. It hit the one on the left and it flickered before turning off. Now the shining light was only blaring out of one.

"Nick!" (F/N) blocked her face out of instinct even though she wasn't close enough to the shattering glass to be hit, "What the hell!?"

The man didn't listen to anyone as he moved to the front, staring the headlights down. Suddenly Dalton broke the silence—in his new outfit that Carly and Paige picked for him which was a very distracting monochrome yellow—as he shouted at the car with his hands in the air, daring the vehicle to try something, "What?!"

The car began to move backward, preparing to leave. Slowly but surely the car inched backwards, and kept going. Eventually, it left their view and didn't return, leaving the group feeling better about the loss of the ominous threat. All but (F/N) who still looked at where the car had left, waiting for it to return and finish whatever it was trying to do by that.