FOURTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
sacrifice of love

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     CARLY ONCE AGAIN took the lead up the stairs since she wouldn't let go of the bat

CARLY ONCE AGAIN took the lead up the stairs since she wouldn't let go of the bat. Luckily it meant that the brunette was the one that got accidentally scared by Nick. He grabbed her shoulders and wrapped his hand around her mouth, making eye contact with (F/N).

Carly let out a small scream and he hushed her, "Sh, sh, sh it's okay—it's okay." (F/N) watched her visibly relax as Nick began to back up into the room he just came out of.

"I saw Paige and Blake's bodies, they're dead!" Carly gripped her bat tightly as she informed her twin. (F/N) looked down the stairs to make sure no one was coming up and followed the two into the room.

(F/N) saw Nick turn to her to try and see if it was true, and the girl nodded solemnly. Honestly, she was filled with so much adrenaline that the loss of her friends only hurt a little right away, she feared what will happen when it eventually runs out. His mouth dropped only for a second before he regained his composure. His expression hardened.

"We gotta go. Now." Nick demanded as he lowered himself to the floor. There was a hatch that led to a small lit passageway, and he pulled it up, motioning for the girls to go before him.

As soon as she got down the silence of the house was gone, instead replaced by a loud machine. It was a type of underground tunnel, not the smallest but not the largest either. The floor was dirt, but the walls were wood. Looking back at Nick, she saw him shut the hatch.

"I can't see anything!" Nick yelled over the machine once they stopped because that was the last of the visible light. "There's gotta be a light here somewhere!"

"What do these lead to!?" (F/N) asked but no one answered.

Up ahead was a room full of light switches. The trio all began flicking on the switches quickly, trying to find the one for the basement. Finally, Nick found the switch and a lamp turned on, blinding everyone at first. Once their eyes adjusted, they continued down the tunnel.

Ultimately it led to a horrific sight. A body was sat in a machine that was in the middle of the room, covered in wax. The room was warm, courtesy of a fire to their right. All sorts of pipes led around the room, but they were mostly attached to the main machine. Clothes were on the side, hung up and (F/N) recognized them.

She got closer slowly, stepping on the dirt floor with her mouth dropped. (F/N)'s gaze switched to Nick once it hit her. Nick realized it too after picking up Dalton's red hat, "Dalton." He looked over and saw the body.