SIX

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭 :
the mechanic

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "IS HE STILL staring?" Carly pressed as she continued to speed walk away from Lester who was indeed, still watching them

"IS HE STILL staring?" Carly pressed as she continued to speed walk away from Lester who was indeed, still watching them. Lester's arms were crossed as he leaned against his truck, an upset and almost disappointed expression covering his face despite the friendly conversation (F/N) and him had.

"Yeah. Just keep walking." Wade answered quickly, taking a peek over his shoulder to confirm. He matched his pace with Carly, the duo far ahead of (F/N) who was currently going her fastest to catch up with them.

"Oh, like I'm gonna stop." Carly sarcastically remarked and sped up her pace nervously, obviously tense.

"You guys should've been nicer to him." (F/N) scolded as she caught up to them, almost stumbling on a few of the wet rocks from how fast she had climbed over them.

"Why? The guy was a creep. He was looking at you two like food." Wade argued, taking another look back out of pure paranoia, only to find Lester still watching, just far away. "Especially you (F/N). I don't get why you're sticking up for him."

"Manners. You don't get in someone's car for free and insult them when—" (F/N) stopped when she realized her friends weren't listening. Letting out a sigh the girl looked in front of her and saw buildings. Small ones, but still buildings.

Even if he was creepy at least he wasn't lying about the town. The girl looked at her friends to see how they would react and was glad to see Wade gape slightly at the buildings. "Damn. Now I feel like a real asshole." Wade looked around aimlessly as his girlfriend walked past him.

"I don't care that guy was a freak." Carly denied any sign of remorse, crossing her arms as she took the lead once more. (F/N) gaped at her friend's rude statement and furrowed her eyebrows, wanting to tell her to knock it off but she knew Carly wouldn't listen.

(F/N) gave up on trying to talk to her friends and instead looked around at Ambrose. It was small, definitely, a quiet town. Even though there were cars parked along the sides of the road it seemed there wasn't a soul in sight. A giant contrast from the busy streets she was used to.

A blue sign informed,

ᴀᴍʙʀs. ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪɴ 352.

"Damn...Only 352? But where are they then?" (F/N) mumbled under her breath. The couple began to joke around but (F/N) was still a little irritated so she began to search for people and just to look around. Reading one of the names of the shop the girl was excited to see a pet store, so she lightly jogged over to it.