Cat and Mouse |9|

WARNING

WARNING

This chapter contains explicit content that is sexual in nature.

"I'm just trying to understand, Calli," Kiki says as he follows me up the staircase that leads to my apartment

"I'm just trying to understand, Calli," Kiki says as he follows me up the staircase that leads to my apartment. "Why is it illegal for us to be together"

I sigh, not wanting to explain that Amoras aren't allowed to be in intimate relationships with mortals. We hit the landing of my apartment, and I unlock the door. None of my neighbors can overhear this conversation. Once safely inside, I peel out of the fake wings.

"I don't know why it was a law laid out way before my time, and I never cared enough to check into the whys," I tell him as I toss the wings on the table.

Kiki stuffs his hands into his pocket and follows me further into the apartment. "Do you care enough now?" His eyes lift up and meet mine. A sea of emotions swirls in those almost black abysses.

I feel lost. I do care enough to wonder why Kiki and I can't follow this through. To find out if I was supposed to hit him with a love arrow and be the first one he saw. But this law is ancient and laid down by the council before I was even a thought.

"I'm sure they have their reasons, and I can't exactly go infront of the family council and start demanding why laws I don't agree with have been made."

Kiki smirks with that same damn sly grin he keeps flashing me. I try to hide the shiver that wracks through my body.

"What's so funny?"

Kiki shakes his head and slowly prowls around the table closer to me. "Nothing. It just sounds like you're admitting you want to be with me, and this law of yours is bullshit."

"I-I didn't say that," I stutter as I back away. He looks like a cat on the prowl, and I definitely feel like the mouse in this situation. A mouse that wouldn't mind getting caught by this feisty kitten.

My heart jolts when I bump into my bed. The thrill of knowing I'm caught skitters across my skin.

"You might not have said it." He inches closer until I'm trapped between him and the bed. "But that kiss earlier spoke volumes." He leans in his lips just a hairs breath from mine. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about that kiss."