Chapter Forty Two

A R A B E L L E

The wedding took place in the palace. It was very grand and magnificent and why won't it be, after all he was the crown prince. Nick and I soon left for Chicago after the wedding and here we are.

"Do you like it?" Nick asked as he walked up to me and hugged me from behind. We stood in the middle of the hall staring at the frame, the picture of us from our wedding.

I nodded without moving my eyes from our wedding picture. Both of us looked like we were kids who never got along and were now forced to take a picture together. Nick was staring straight at the camera with a cold ass face and a hard glare whereas I had this distant look on my face with my puffy red eyes.

"We look. . . weird?" I said and turned to face him sideways. He also had a weird expression on his face as he nodded in agreement. "Put it away. I don't want to scare anyone away with this picture."

"It was not me." He replied. "Sam must have done it. But I'll put it away." He kissed my cheeks before pulling away from me to put away the frame.

I turned to look around the house and nodded in satisfaction. It wasn't that big but had a cozy feeling.

"It's perfect." I said smiling to myself. "Better than our home."

Nick came up to me and wrapped his arm around me. "Home is where we are Belle." He said.

"Right." I replied.

We sat down on the couch and I laid my head on his shoulder. Just as I was about to ask him something, the baby kicked me really hard making me yelp in pain.

"Belle! Are you ok? Shall I call the doctor? Belle?" Nick asked in panic but I shook my head.

"It's fine. I'm fine." I said rubbing my belly. "He's been kicking a lot these days."

Nick still looked unconvinced and had a concerned look on his face. I rolled my eyes at him before taking his hands and placing it on top of my belly. We felt another kick and his face lightened up. His eyes lighten up every time he feels the baby kick.

"Soon we'll have a little human crying and making us both run around in panic." He said as he put both his hands on my belly in hope for another kick. "Then before we know it, he'll be all grown up, running around and talking then one day he'll bring his first girlfriend home and that's when I'll take my revenge for all his kicks and pain you felt while carrying him."

I laughed at his words. "You're going too far." I said, still laughing. "He's not even here yet and you are already plotting for revenge? You're unbelievable."

He smiled at me. "I'm glad he'll have a great mother like you."

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat. "I'm afraid." I said, honestly. "I'm afraid to fail as a mother."

"Why do you say that my love?" Nick asked with a concerned look.

"You know I don't remember my mother nor her love, Nick. The one whom I thought was my mother turned out to be an imposter, who never loved me as a daughter. I always felt like a stranger in my own house."

"I'm afraid I won't be able to make our children feel love. I'm afraid to fail as a mother."

I wiped my tears away with the back of my sleeves.

"Belle, I saw how you took care of Sofia. I saw the love and affection in your eyes for her. I'm sure you'll love our children just like that. Heck, I'm sure you'll love them more than me." He said, pulling me into his embrace. "Don't be afraid, Belle. Don't. You'll do great."