Chapter Forty Seven

A R A B E L L E

It's only been a day since Nick left for Italy and I can't focus on anything.

Something is not right. I can just feel it.

"Thinking about your husband again?" Lou snapped me out of my thoughts.

"No,"

"Liar," She scoffed. "He's going to be fine, Belle."

"My gut feelings are never wrong Lou." I sighed. "I have this feeling that something terrible is going to happen."

Lou rolled her eyes at me. "Well mama, you certainly don't have to worry for your husband. He didn't just become a Don like that. And his father would rather have a dead son over a coward."

I narrowed my eyes on her. "You are making me more anxious." I said. "What do you know that I don't?"

"His father is a great dude. He was happy to know his grandson had already found a wife who isn'tn't born yet." She went on ignoring my question. "And what a great sense of humour he has. I'm telling you, Nick must be adopted. He inherited no good things from his father."

"Lou, I asked you something."

"Expect his looks maybe,"

"Louisa!" I snapped and she immediately shut up.

Her expression somehow confirmed my doubts. "Why did-" I was cut off mid way when a maid ran inside interrupting us.

"Mrs Ivanov, there's someone at the door looking for you who addresses himself as Lincoln." Lou and I exchange a look.

The last time I saw him was at the party where I was shot. After the stunt he pulled outside my mansion, I have distanced myself from him. Indeed I use to like him but I'm married now. He should have known that.

What does he want from me now?

"I thought that shit learned something from getting beaten up by Nick but looks like he still hasn't." Lou sneered. "Look how he came looking for you. Can I stab him?"

"No," I replied as I stood up before handing Viktor to her. "Here, hold him. I'll go and see."

"I'll get my revolver in case that piece of shit pulls any stunts." I could hear Lou mumble as I made my way out of the living room and to the entrance.

He had his back turned to me but immediately turned to face me as I approached him. A small smile appeared on his lips. "Rosabelle." He said and I tried my best to not make a face at his choice of name. After all, he didn't know my real name.

"Lincoln," I acknowledged. "I'm surprised to see you here." I said. "In Mexico."

"Nikolai gave me the address." He said and I frowned. Impossible. He always wanted me to stay away from Lincoln, there's no way in hell he'll actually give him the address to our home.

"Really?" I asked, inspecting his face.

"Yes," He replied. "Can we talk inside?"

I hesitated. There was something definitely off about him. First he appeared out of nowhere and now he's telling me Nick willingly gave him the address to our house?

"Just two minutes. I need to confess something." He said. "Please."

"No," A voice came from behind me, making me turn back to see Lou standing there with Viktor in her arms.

"I'm sorry Lincoln but you cannot. Whatever you have to say, say it here. You got exactly two minutes before I call Mr King Kong."

"Mr King Kong?" Lincoln asked in confusion.