You Are My Medicine

It was a warm August morning. Ömer woke up a little later than usual, feeling a little bit unwell. He turned his head to his left side and saw Defne who had already dressed up and sitting onto the bed, waiting for him to wake up.

"Günaydın!" Ömer said with his sleepy voice

"Günaydın!" Defne replied "Is everything alright, my love? You are waking up later than usual. You will be late for work."

"I am feeling like I have no strength to go to work today." Ömer replied back "My head is hurting really bad."

"My poor Ömer!" she exclaimed "Where did you get sick all of a sudden?"

"I do not know." he answered

"Let me check if you have temperature." she said, touching his face with the palm of her softer than silk hand

Then she leaned in and gently pressed her lips to his forehead.

"Aşkım, you are burning!" Defne exclaimed "You lie here and I will go get the thermometer."

"But, Defne, you will be late for work..." Ömer replied

"Shhh! You are much more important!" she said "I will call Seda to tell her I will not be going today. I will be taking care of you."

Defne went downstairs to grab the thermometer, and at the same time called Seda to inform her that she would not be going to work, due to Ömer being sick. Then she went back upstairs and handed the thermometer to Ömer.

Ten minutes later the beeping of the thermometer sounded. Ömer took the thermometer out of his armpit and said "37.7 degrees."

"Poor you..." Defne exclaimed "But I will take care of you. I know how to cure you."

Defne then quickly changed into home clothes and went in the kitchen. She was going to prepare soup. The same exact soup that cured him the previous time when he had temperature. While the soup was cooking on the stove, Defne called Ömer's doctor in order to ask what medicine should Ömer take.

"For now give him just paracetamol." the doctor said "If things get worse, call me again."

Meanwhile Ömer decided that he would not be lying in bed all day long. This would make him go crazy.

He got up, took a hot shower that helped him feel slightly better, dressed himself in comfortable clothes and went downstairs. He went into the kitchen where he saw his wife stirring the soup in the pot.

"Smells good." he exclaimed, moving closer to her

He hugged her from the back and kissed the top of her head. She turned around to him and asked "Why have you gotten up?"

"Aþkým, I am just a little sick, I am not disabled." he answered "Plus, I would go crazy, if I stayed in bed all day long."

"Okay, as you wish." she replied and smiled

Five more minutes later the soup was ready and Defne removed it from the stove. She then opened the cupboard and took out a bowl where she poured some soup. Ömer watched her as she was pouring. He remembered the first time he had had temperature and his Defne had cured him with her presence and the soup she had again prepared for him.

Defne then brought the bowl with the soup to the table where Ömer was already sitting.

"Aşkım, you did not have to do this." he said