C45

A proper warrior? Is this guy for real? I came here for some peace and quiet. Getting control of my powers and training to defend myself is just a bonus. I never signed up for a sword fight but I'm here either way. I don't think he knows what I've been through before coming. My life changed in matters of days and I haven't really dealt with it. I've thought about it so many times but I haven't fully grasp the new reality I'm tangled in, but I'm trying my best to adjust and adapt.

Words like weak, pathetic, worthless, miserable get to me. Even though I know they're right and I'm all those things. I know it. George and his merry band of bad guys knows too, and now this old man...

I get up from the ground with sigh. I wipe the sand of my body and glare at him. "I'm letting this go this one time because I want to learn from you and I know I can truly learn," I warn and continue "I told you that I didn't bring a sword and I meant it. I held it once and it fucking disappeared. Don't know where it went. I–" He cut me off.

He shakes his head. "The Elsword is inside you, has been the moment it bonded with you. It comes out whenever you summon it, you might not summon it knowingly but you do," he sounds really pissed.

I don't understand the symbiotic relationship I share with the sword. I don't even want a sword especially the one they call the sword death. And what does he mean about it being inside me?

"We'll go again."

****

We'll go again, he said.

After three hour of trying to get the sword out and nothing, I give up with the old man shaking his head at me. I don't care that he doesn't approve of me backing out but I already told him the sword isn't with me and he chose not to believe me. Making today's session a complete waste of our time. I expect him to dismiss me with something meaningful except he wants to continue tomorrow.

I'm hungry, having not eating since yesterday morning and with the hours I put in training. My whole body is sword from turning around of the flat foam they put together for me and call bed. And I've had to defend myself one way or the other from his sword. I asked to train with another sword until I can get the Elsword to appear again but he refused.

I leave the battle ground and find the dining hall. It's a hall all right, nothing like any cafeteria I've ever seen. It's a large hall with five long table that each joins at the end, forming a pentagon. The ceiling is impressive and beautiful with the decorations, it's glass like design that makes the sky visible and the wall is filled with glowing lantern. Each side of the room is a long table with people behind it serving food. The place is filled with people but it's so silent except from the sound of silverware. Everyone is minding their own business. I do a quick scan, searching for Damian but I don't see him anyway. I can't believe he left me alone to fend for myself. Shouldn't he be here to make sure I'm okay?

I walk to the other side of the room to get my food, I stop in front of a woman in a white robe that doesn't scream I'm a chef.  Although, looking at her, I think she'd rather be anywhere else. My eyes scans what's in front of her but before I get the chance to say anything, she passes me a bowl of chicken soup.

I shake my head and say. "I'm a vegetarian." I haven't been a vegetarian since my dad and I went on this green only diet and stopped when I realize I can't live with my meats. I lied to this woman because I don't trust the meat they serve here. I haven't explored and I don't know what's on this island.

She looks like she understands what I said but says, "Vegeta... Sorry my english," She says in an accent I don't recognize.

I nod my head. "It's okay, I don't eat meat or chicken." I inform her.