C14

I'm having deja vu from the time I punched Penelope. This is my second week and I've gotten into big troubles. I mean, it's just two weeks, I'm sure my mom would be proud of the young lady I've become since all she ever wanted from me is to be a proper person. The difference from my time with the Headmaster about Penelope situation and now is I know what happened isn't my fault.

"... detention." Spoke too soon, seems like the headmaster is punishing me for it after all.

I get from my seat, wearing a shock expression. “Detention, why? I lost control, you saw.” Nate assured me that he wouldn't punish me for losing control, it's not like I deliberately released the birds to harm people. I have no idea how the birds got there, all I said was the spell the headmaster gave me for control, and all hell broke lose.

Why am I getting a detention?

“You were in control, you admitted it,” Roman counters from the accent chair he's sitting on. I’m not sure what relationship Roman and the headmaster share, but I don't appreciate him being here when I'm having a serious talk with the headmaster.

They should cut me some slack. I controlled myself on the bus after hearing everything the students and even teachers were saying. Apparently I’m not too cool for West High and too much of a freak for The Vale.

I turn and glare at him. "Shut the fuck up. No one asked you anything." I reply him.

I'm trying to find a way out of detention and he's sabotaging it. I thought he of all people would understand what I'm going through giving the whole coven connection and shit. He was there the night of my nightmare for fuck sake, he knows I have no control over anything in my life.

He stands up and give me a look that rivals the one I'm currently wearing. "Really? Why don’t you go shove your words down your throat.” He snaps and I am not having it.

I let out a fake laugh. “Oh fantasizing about my throat already. It's too early for that.” I mock as I place my hand on my hip.

He rolls his eyes. “You fucking wish.”

I blink my eyes and shake my head. There is not the point in prolonging this conversation. Roman is clearly looking for a way to rile me up and it's working. I better put a stop to it before I get into more trouble.

“This is the part where you tell us to keep quiet.” I tilt my head in the Headmaster's direction. He is looking at us like we are some sort of show for his amusement.

“Right." He clears his throat and blinks before continuing. "I was waiting for you to realize whose presence you are in and stop talking on your own terms. You are serving the detention with Roman and Penelope."

I guess that final. No point trying to talk because it'll only make things worse.

“What are they in for?” I ask curiously, I might as well know since I’ll be the one stuck with them. Roman and Penelope though?

“None of your business.” Roman mutters beside me.

I groan and respond. “I wasn’t talking to you, Roman. Can you tell him that?” I turn to the headmaster.

He sighs and shakes his head. “Get out of my office, both of you!”

Now will be the perfect time to ask him about the spell.