Chapter 5 : A new "friendship"

The start of a strange friendship.

Devon

The meeting had just ended and everyone left the office, I was about to leave the office for the day when Danzel shows up. I thought he was back in Los Angles, what was he doing here?

He was standing at the elevator, I walked up to him and glared at him.

"What the are you doing here?"

"I was done with that meeting with Mr. Tharantho and we agreed on sharing the profit for the time being till dad decides if he's selling our project to them", he answered me.

I pressed the elevator button to go down, the doors opened and we stepped inside.

"That's your big plan? Lets just sell the project to them, we will get over 900 000 thousand and we will just design a better one. If we decide to share project l.V.V, Mr. Tharantho will take 90% of our profit due to legal ownership of the project, since you decided to sell 90% of it to them", I scoffed.

"Dad was the one who decided to sell 90% to them without hesitation so it's my job to fix it not yours, as a big brother I have to take matters into my hands now", he said, tapping his watch.

"I'm not child, Danzel!", I said.

The elevator reached the first floor, which was the parking lot. We got out and I walked to my car, I turned to look at Danzel and asked.

"Do you need a ride?"

"No, my car is parked in front of the building.", he waved his hand and left the parking lot. I headed for the second exit, which led to the main entrance of the building. I got into my car and drove off. As I drove I saw a park ahead at #### street. I decided to go there to clear my head and maybe think for a bit before I left San Diego.
I drove to the park and parked my car in the park's parking area. I grabbed my my phone, got out, locked the car and went to sit on a near by bench.

I got busy on my phone, checking my text messages.

Agh! I thought I told him not to text me, why doesn't he ever listen! Now who the fuck is thi-
Wait! I-it can't be her, how the fuck did she get my numbers, I blocked her and deleted her from my phone, What the fuck? How dare she even text after what she did. I'll never forgive her for what she did! She's fuckin worthless!

I was so enveloped in my thoughts that I didn't realise someone was sitting next to me, I took a peak at them and saw HER?! I couldn't believe my eyes, I thought I'd never see her again but here she is now, next to me. I mustard all my courage and greeted her.

"Hi, there." I faintly smiled.

She turned to look at me and I saw how beautiful she was from close up. Her beautiful white/green eyes looked into mine and it made me nervous. I felt the air leave my body as she smiled at me, she was magnificent.

"Oh, hey.", she greeted me back. She had such a soft and gentle voice, it melted my heart. As we spoke I couldn't help but notice how she smelled like roses and strawberries. She smelled so heavenly, it drew me closer to her, now I wanted her to be my target, i don't give fuck if she's seeing someone. I'll make sure she's mine and win that stupid bet to prove my brother wrong.